(V3 API) Using event_search to determine new events and modified events

Lachlan Pearce

Jul 4, 2014, 12:19:09 AM7/4/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to use the "event_search" endpoint to search all events (public and private) of my own account?

We're building a system that keeps a local copy of event data.  Depending on how many events my Eventbrite account holds the download and identification of Eventbrite data that is new or updated can take a long time.  What would be ideal is if I was able to use "event_search" with the "since_id" set to the largest event id the local cache holds (because I'm assuming event IDs are incremental) to find all events in Eventbrite that haven't been downloaded to our cache.  Secondly use the "event_search" with the "date_modified.range_start" and "date_modified.range_end" to find all Eventbrite events data that needs to be used to update our cache.

I know you can set the "user.id" to search events for a particular user, but can you set this to "me" (like in some of the other API calls)?  And if so, will doing that return my public and private events?

I have tried setting "user.id" in the query string of the API call but I got the following error:
There are errors with your arguments: user.id - INVALID

Lachlan Pearce

Jul 8, 2014, 2:30:19 AM7/8/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Further testing found that you CAN'T use "me" as the user.id in events_search (That is why I got the INVALID error).   Also you can't obtain private events of your own account which seems odd if you think about it! :-) Because the token used should open up your own private events if you are querying with your own owner ID.

Cheers!
Lachlan.

Lachlan Pearce

Jul 9, 2014, 11:47:25 PM7/9/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was just thinking some things through.  This scenario kind of reminded me of PayPal Instant Payment Notifications.  Just after payment by your customers, PayPal will initiate a request to a URL (that you provided to PayPal before during setup) that includes information about the new payment.

Perhaps Eventbrite could have a similar thing - IEU (Instant Event Updates) - where the Eventbrite account holder can specify a URL to post new and updated event information once it has been entered into Eventbrite.  The request body could be in a standard format.  This request could also be initiated when things like "tickets remaining" changes.

Maybe it would be too much work for Eventbrite?

Cheers!
Lachlan.

Finbar Gillen

Aug 25, 2017, 7:12:31 AM8/25/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Lachlan,

I am trying to do the same thing as you. Looking to download events on a monthly basis within Ireland and distribute this data to our sales team. Have you had any luck?

Regards
Finbar

Hernán Cussi

Aug 28, 2017, 1:43:41 PM8/28/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello Finbar, I would recommend to use "/v3/events/me" to get all the events that you have access to. https://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/endpoints/users/#ebapi-get-users-id-events
The thing with "/search/events/" is that the purpose was to search all public events that any can have access to, that's why private event, invitation only, password-protected won't be there.

Thanks

Hernán Cussi

Aug 28, 2017, 10:25:52 PM8/28/17
to Eventbrite API