V3 Beginner Question- Making requests from Javascript

Lucas Salvatore

Apr 18, 2015, 12:25:04 PM4/18/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hello team, I've just begin to discover the Eventbrite API today, and I noticed there is an outdated API and the new V3 API. I started by using the eventBrite Jquery library (because the setup was just a few lines of javascript), but this looks like it uses the old API and so I'm going to start with the new one instead (Also, it didn't return past events correctly for user_list_events). Anyway, I'm looking for a similar style jQuery request for my website to attain a list of the user's events.

The following link delivers the exact JSON I want. I'm using my personal OAuth token here in the URL.

How can I request the above JSON from clientside jQuery/Javascript?

Thanks!

Lucas Salvatore

Apr 18, 2015, 12:34:45 PM4/18/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Got this working with the following request. Let me know if there's anything else that would be useful to know!
    jQuery.ajax({
        url: "https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/users/me/owned_events/?token=[Your personal OAuth token]"
    }).done(function(data){
        console.log(data);