Events disappearing after updated

Anton Forsberg

Jun 29, 2016, 8:41:27 AM6/29/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
Hello, we're developing a website for an external customer, and using the eventbrite api to fetch event and display them on our page. Our customer have noticed a minor bug:

"We've noticed that events seem to disappear from the front page briefly after we've updated the event on Eventbrite. They usually reappear about five minutes later."

Is this a know issue? Are events sometimes shortly unavailable from the api after updating or is there something that might explain why this is happening?
If so, would the new include_unavailable_events parameter help?

Thank you!

Malina Wiesen

Jun 29, 2016, 1:23:42 PM6/29/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
Hey Anton,

I'm not seeing any latency on our end. Do you know how they are populating their web page with events? If they are using webhooks to listen for changes to an event, that could explain the behavior they are seeing.

Anton Forsberg

Jun 30, 2016, 2:39:17 AM6/30/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
We are simply using the request endpoints (in this case eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/search/) to populate the page once it is loaded.
Is it possible an event becomes unavailable from the search endpoint for a short while after being updated?

Malina Wiesen

Jun 30, 2016, 11:46:56 AM6/30/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
Hey Anton,

What parameters are you passing to the events/search endpoint? That endpoint works off of a discovery algorithm so it could be possible. If you are only interested in displaying your own events, the users/me/owned_events/ endpoint is a more reliable source.

Anton Forsberg

Jul 1, 2016, 2:11:50 AM7/1/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
Currently we are using the parameters organizer.id, formats and include_unavailable_events. If I recall correcly if we use users/me/owned_events or organizers/:id/events/ we wont be able to pass the format, which is essential for getting the events we want. Fetching all the events and filtering them on our side is too slow, since this organizer has a fairly large amount of events.

Malina Wiesen

Jul 5, 2016, 1:50:54 PM7/5/16
to Eventbrite API, anton.f...@bizpartengage.com
Hi Anton,

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any latency on the Eventbrite side. I ran the same queries that you are making and was able to retrieve updated events immediately after updating them.