Set event image (logo)

Elliott Perry

Dec 18, 2014, 5:50:18 PM12/18/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to set an event's image (logo). The event create/update calls (http://developer.eventbrite.com/docs/event-details/) specify a event.logo.id parameter. What does this ID relate to? I can't see any separate calls relating to managing 'logos'.

How do I set an event's image (logo)?

Thanks in advance for the help

Elliott Perry

Jan 9, 2015, 4:44:27 AM1/9/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Still looking for help on this guys

girijesh kumar

Feb 3, 2015, 7:03:16 AM2/3/15
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
I am also looking for help on same

Cris Francisco

Jul 24, 2015, 1:29:55 PM7/24/15
to Eventbrite API, ell...@evvnt.com
Does anyone have any updates on this?

ja...@pulsd.com

Aug 1, 2016, 7:44:28 PM8/1/16
to Eventbrite API
The event.logo_id belongs to a Media object. You can upload media to their aws bucket by following directions on this page: https://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/reference/uploads/#ebapi-media-uploads. It's a three step process, and the response of the last step gives you the id of whatever media you just uploaded. Enter this id as the logo_id of your event.

Whitney Kramer

Jan 31, 2017, 4:15:17 PM1/31/17
to Eventbrite API
Any way to replicate this POST with Postman?

I am using a visual programming tool which can make a POST call (very similar to Postman) but I don't have the ability to write custom python into the application.

I've attached an image of what I'm trying to do.  It doesn't work, but would appreciate your input on why.  I also don't know how to pass the file path through a POST call.

POST image.pdf

Eventbrite API

Feb 1, 2017, 12:26:56 PM2/1/17
to Eventbrite API
Thanks for responding, James.

Whitney, you can upload media via Postman but since the upload process is a mutli step process, you would need to run each step through Postman, collecting the necessary data manually along the way.

Whitney Kramer

Feb 1, 2017, 2:00:48 PM2/1/17
to Eventbrite API
Understood.  I was able to get step 1 working with Postman.   I used the response as input for a 2nd POSTman request for Step #2.

See attachment.  I put the "upload_data" object in as parameters.    Any idea what I need to do to upload the file via POSTman?
POST image.pdf

Whitney Kramer

Feb 2, 2017, 2:23:29 PM2/2/17
to Eventbrite API
Figured it out.

Attachment shows how to make 3 requests to upload media.
3 Steps to POST Media without a Python Script.pdf

Anuj kumar

Oct 5, 2017, 1:43:46 AM10/5/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Whitney,

Thanks for the great post.

Can you please elaborate the step 2 again.

Thanks in advance.

Anuj
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

krigi.ei...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2017, 6:03:40 PM10/13/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Anuj,

Step 2 is rather boring. No response body will come back, look for an HTTP 204 response. Once you have that move on to Step 3. That is where you will get back your image ID that can be used in subsequent calls into the EB API.

>>> EventBrite API should provide **syntax agnostic examples** of how to use their API such as cURL, PostMan, etc. <<<

Thanks, Whitney, for your example.

~krigi