Using the EventBrite API. Possible to store my event_id (native to my app) as field in Eventbrite so that when I GET data, I can use it to merge data

whi...@iorahealth.com

Aug 15, 2016, 7:42:12 AM8/15/16
to Eventbrite API
Hi.

Is it possible to store my event_id, that is unique to my system, within Eventbrite so that when I do GET data, I can use my native event_id to match data. I'm currently using text fields which is ugly and bad practice. This seems like a super basic use case, so perhaps someone can explain best practice here.

My workflow
1. Use my app as the native form to collect the data needed to create a new event.

2. POST partial event data from my app to the eventbrite endpoint
https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/.
- This creates a draft event (required fields related to ticket info seem to be required at a different end point so I'm forced to create an event with 2 POSTs not 1 POST, correct?)
- Also, I want to know if there is a way to pass my event_id in the POST so that in the next GET step, I'm not merging data back into my app using text fields. How have others accomplished this task?

3. GET from EventBrite the eventbrite_event_id, so I can do another POST to:
https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/users/me/owned_events/
I merge the GET info results into my database, using name of event and description of event. Yeah, ugly. If instead in step #2, I could pass the event_id that is native to my app eventbrite, I could add that to the GET and merge on event_id.

4. I now make the second POST with ticket info, so that my event can be published on Eventbrite. https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/{eventbrite_id obtained from step#3}/ticket_classes/

How have others structured the "merge"? Also, is there a way to create and publish an event with a single POST?

Interested to hear your experience.