Media upload appears to use a hard-coded JPG file extension

Guus der Kinderen

Oct 28, 2015, 10:30:47 AM10/28/15
to Eventbrite API

I am experimenting with uploading media to Eventbrite using the API. Using the guidelines as provided on https://www.eventbrite.com/developer/v3/reference/uploads/ I have successfully uploaded several images.

There's one catch: the URL that is part of the response of the final step always references a JPG image (for example: https://cdn.evbuc.com/images/16420444/155697204300/1/logo.jpg ), even when the original file was a PNG file. Note that the resource that is references by this URL contains PNG data (it's just named inconsistently).

Is there any way to fix the file extension?

Whitney Kramer

Jan 31, 2017, 4:05:53 PM1/31/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi Guus,

Ran across an old post of yours on the Eventbrite Google Group.

I too want to use the API to send an image to Eventbrite and am using Postman to test the POST call but I'm getting an "Invalid Argument" error message.

Any chance you used Postman to test POSTing your media/logo to Eventbrite?  If so, do you have any old screenshots I could mirror?

Thanks in advance.

guus.der...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2017, 4:11:14 PM1/31/17
to Eventbrite API
Uff, no idea. This was many moons and many projects ago.

Whitney Kramer

Jan 31, 2017, 4:37:52 PM1/31/17
to Eventbrite API
Okay.  Thanks though.