Making it SUPER EASY

don.sc...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2017, 1:05:27 PM11/28/17
to Eventbrite API
We manage numerous free events for our constituency. We have everything in Salesforce and want to make is SUPER EASY for constituents to register and come to a free event. We know we can add fields to the registration but is seems like they still have to register with EventBrite too. We want to be able to connect them back to thier SF record by an additional ID field unique to each contact that we will either share with them or if it can be passed in the URL for the free event registration, that might work too. We envision this. We send an invite to a free event. All they have to do is say give First Name/Last Name and their "ID" number. This would validate with SF and connect their registration to that Contact record.

When they attend, we should be able to scan their QR code and have that connect to the unique CONTACT.

Can we do this?

Malina Wiesen

Dec 4, 2017, 7:29:45 PM12/4/17
to Eventbrite API
Hey Don,

If you want to use Eventbrite to process these free events, then you will need to send your users to Eventbrite.com. If you send your users to Eventbrite.com you can also send an 'aff' value along with the url that takes the user to the purchase page. That value would be captured on the order which you could pull from the API to map the user to your SF instance. You could also set up your order form to ask the user for their unique ID. If you do it that way you would find that value on the attendee object that you can access via the API.