Different Search Results Between Website and API

Mike

Aug 22, 2017, 1:26:10 PM8/22/17
to Eventbrite API
Hi,

We are getting different results/counts when we perform a search on the eventbrite.com website and then again via the API.  Example:

1.  Search for all Running events in the Sports & Fitness category in the United States and has a price of paid: https://www.eventbrite.com/d/united-states/sports-and-fitness--events/?crt=regular&is_paid=1&sort=best&subcat=8001

This currently returns 3060 results.

2.  We do the same search via the API:

Our API results returns only 1454 results.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for any insight,
Mike

Hernán Cussi

Aug 24, 2017, 2:44:53 PM8/24/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello Mike, there might not be all public events, paid, our be password protected or with invitation only.

Please change your API_KEY to generate a new token, or change your password, it is extremely insecure to share your actual token here because anyone can do things in your behalf using our API.

Thanks

efootstep Team

Dec 18, 2017, 10:41:36 AM12/18/17
to Eventbrite API
Hey,
Might be this question out of scope, could you please help me to create search for searching events by city,state, country or if possible by venue name?

Thanks in advance

Hernán Cussi

Dec 19, 2017, 8:17:31 AM12/19/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello there,

See location.address or use a combination of: location.withinlocation.latitude and location.longitude

Thanks