Creating scheduled email reminders via the API?

Bret Truchan

Sep 1, 2016, 2:51:26 PM9/1/16
to Eventbrite API
Hello!

We're trying to automate our events process as much as possible.  We're using Pipefy + Zapier to trigger actions when our workflow reaches a specific stage.  Our goal is, completely automate the entire setup of events.  So far, we're able to create events in Eventbrite via the Eventbrite API.  And, we're also able to create ticket classes via the Eventbrite API.

In case you're curious, here's the PHP so far, which is called by Zapier using their Webhooks module:

<?PHP

    require_once
('../vendor/autoload.php');

use jamiehollern\eventbrite\Eventbrite;

/* Example POSTed data:

        Array
        (
            [event_start_utc] => 2016-10-04 00:00 UTC
            [event_end_utc] => 2016-10-06 00:00 UTC
            [event_name_html] => SomeEvent
        )

    */

// Handle special case scenerio when Zaper POSTs test data

if($_POST['event_start_utc'] == 'A simple value for "Training Start Date" field')

{

print(json_encode(array(

'event_id' => '1234',

'event_url' => 'http://www.sample-url.com'

)));

exit(0);

}

    $api_key
= '[ your key goes here ]';
    $eventbrite
= new Eventbrite($api_key);

    $start_date_time
= date('Y-m-d\TH:m:s\Z', strtotime($_POST['event_start_utc']));
    $end_date_time
= date('Y-m-d\TH:m:s\Z', strtotime($_POST['event_end_utc']));

// Create a new event and retrieve back the event id and url

    $results
= $eventbrite->post('events/', [

'event.name.html' => $_POST['event_name_html'],

'event.start.utc' => $start_date_time,

'event.start.timezone' => 'America/Los_Angeles',

'event.end.utc' => $end_date_time,

'event.end.timezone' => 'America/Los_Angeles',

'event.currency' => 'USD',

'event.listed' => 'False',

'event.invite_only' => 'True'

]);

    $event_id
= $results['body']['id'];
    $event_url
= $results['body']['url'];

// Create two new ticket classes: early bird and regular

    $standard_ticket
= $eventbrite->post("events/$event_id/ticket_classes/", [

'ticket_class.name' => 'Standard',

'ticket_class.description' => "Just your average, everday ticket",

'ticket_class.cost' => 'USD,90000',

'ticket_class.quantity_total' => 1

]);

    $early_bird_ticket
= $eventbrite->post("events/$event_id/ticket_classes/", [

'ticket_class.name' => 'Early Bird',

'ticket_class.description' => "Buy early, pay less.",

'ticket_class.cost' => 'USD,45000',

'ticket_class.sales_end' => $end_date_time,

'ticket_class.quantity_total' => 1

]);

print(json_encode(array(

'event_id' => $event_id,

'event_url' => $event_url

)));

?>

Now, we want to schedule up reminder emails for the event using the API.
I know that Eventbrite has a really nice reminder system, which is documented here: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/How_To/how-to-email-your-attendees-through-eventbrite?lg=en_US.  But I don't see any way in the API documentation for creating an email within Eventbrite.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Bret

Eventbrite API

Sep 12, 2016, 4:24:11 PM9/12/16
to Eventbrite API
Hey Bret,

You are not missing anything. The email reminder system is simply not accessible via the API. We will file a feature request for you though.

dav...@davekam.com

Mar 28, 2020, 7:48:34 PM3/28/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Any updates on this feature?  I would also like to manage the email reminders via the API.

Thanks!

Ben Lillie

Apr 2, 2020, 1:50:15 PM4/2/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Checking in on this as well. We've shifted to livestreams and we would love to have this feature.

David Wilby

Mar 17, 2022, 7:14:49 AM3/17/22
to Eventbrite Developers
Just adding a +1 here for scheduling emails via the API. Has anyone found out any more information about this?

Rusty Hein

Jun 21, 2022, 12:46:40 PM6/21/22
to Eventbrite Developers
I, also, would like this feature! +1

Dan Carnese

Nov 29, 2022, 3:12:35 PM11/29/22
to Eventbrite Developers
Very strong +1!

Andrew Stillman

Nov 29, 2022, 3:17:59 PM11/29/22
to Eventbrite Developers
This is a critical requirement for us given the amount of event-specific info that we need to include in notification emails, and the fact that our event organizers are a highly distributed group with variable tech skills.   Much human error occurs around notification email when we generate events from a template, and this then creates a bad experience for event participants.

Andrew Stillman

Mar 29, 2023, 2:31:32 PM3/29/23
to Eventbrite Developers
Just re-emphasizing the importance of this feature.  Our team is now contemplating building our own internal email reminder service as a workaround, which is quite a pain.    Would love to be able to use native capabilities so that event organizers don't have to go to "yet another place" to manage event emails.

Stanley Levine

Mar 29, 2023, 2:42:51 PM3/29/23
to Eventbrite Developers
We create many events that have a lot of information that is the same. We create an event far in the future that we use as a "template". However, the follow-up emails are not copied. We want to schedule up reminder emails for the event using the API. This is critical and currently it causes us a lot of extra work. It also would be nice to have true templates that we can store and reuse that includes everything including the follow-up emails.

Martin Hunke

Mar 29, 2023, 8:07:18 PM3/29/23
to Eventbrite Developers
I create many Eventbrite events every week and one thing that drives me crazy is that I can't simply copy the reminder emails from previously created events. Ideally, you would allow the creation of reminder emails via your API so I could automate these. This limitation is the single most annoying thing about Eventbrite and has me looking for alternatives.

Kellee Summers

Mar 29, 2023, 10:34:49 PM3/29/23
to Eventbrite Developers
Another vote for this feature!  Thanks!

Reimar Scholz

Jun 14, 2023, 2:39:30 PM6/14/23
to Eventbrite Developers
Yes please! Or at least to be able to copy emails from previous events! would save me a lot of copy pasting and is the only reason im considering switching away from EB! Thank you!

Abe Dana

Sep 5, 2023, 5:33:14 PM9/5/23
to Eventbrite Developers
API email creation is VERY MUCH needed!