Create access codes across multiple events (reduce number of API calls)

Rob W

Feb 23, 2017, 9:15:23 PM2/23/17
to Eventbrite API
Hello, we'd love to know how to create access codes that span across multiple events. You can do it manually when creating an access code, but there doesn't appear to be an API endpoint documented that allows the same thing.

We push several thousand access codes a day to new events, and it's using a lot of API calls. Currently, we have to iterate over all events, then for each event, iterate over all ticket types to pluck tickets that are hidden and not named literally "hidden". Finally, we POST /events/:id/access_codes/ with a CSV for ticket_ids to that event.

Cheers

Malina Wiesen

Feb 27, 2017, 5:34:15 PM2/27/17
to Eventbrite API
Hey Robert,

Thats a nifty workaround!  We do have a feature request in for posting access and discount codes across multiple events but it isn't on our roadmap just yet so we don't have any idea when it might come out.