Event.Organizer_ID = NULL for Eventbrite account with multiple organizers under it

geo...@crowdhubapps.com

Jun 28, 2016, 12:14:03 PM6/28/16
to Eventbrite API

Everything was working great using our test account w/ our Organizer ID, but for our client's Eventbrite account the Organizer ID and other fields we were using are coming back null. They do have multiple organizers under their account (owned by a parent email account) with organizer URL = http://www.eventbrite.com/o/organizerName-organizerID).  I noticed on the event that there is a dropdown with 4 Organizers available (Leadercast, Catalyst, Catalyst, and LeadercastVienna).  I even tried asking for the event.organizer expansion and even that comes down null as you can see at the end of the JSON.

Thank you, your help would be much appreciated!
George

Eventbrite JSON returned for GET "users/me/orders?token=TOKEN&expand=attendees,event,event.organizer"
"event": {
"name": {
"text": "Catalyst Test Event",
"html": "Catalyst Test Event"
},
"description": {
"text": null,
"html": null
},
"id": "26231921383",
"url": "http://www.eventbrite.com/e/client-test-event-event-ID-number",
"start": {
"timezone": "America/New_York",
"local": "2016-07-29T08:30:00",
"utc": "2016-07-29T12:30:00Z"
},
"end": {
"timezone": "America/New_York",
"local": "2016-07-29T17:00:00",
"utc": "2016-07-29T21:00:00Z"
},
"created": null,
"changed": null,
"capacity": null,
"status": "live",
"currency": null,
"online_event": null,
"tx_time_limit": null,
"hide_start_date": null,
"hide_end_date": null,
"locale": "en_US",
"is_locked": true,
"privacy_setting": "password_required",
"is_series": null,
"is_series_parent": null,
"is_reserved_seating": null,
"logo_id": "22073543",
"organizer_id": null,
"venue_id": null,
"category_id": null,
"subcategory_id": null,
"format_id": null,
"resource_uri": "https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/event-id-number",
"organizer": null
}

geo...@crowdhubapps.com

Jun 30, 2016, 11:49:19 AM6/30/16
to Eventbrite API
If your event has a password on it, the API calls for event information (like Event Organizer) and expansions (like event.organizer) will contain null fields.  Just remove the password and the fields will contain non-null data.  Thanks to Malina @ Eventbrite for figuring this out!