calling api from c# client giving a 'connection closed' error

asd...@googlemail.com

Jun 9, 2018, 12:54:58 AM6/9/18
to Eventbrite API
Hi
I'm new to eventbrite but have been asked to do what I hope is a simple implementation.

I am wanting to be able to retrieve user name and email details when they purchase a ticket to an event that we run.

I've set up an web hook for new orders where I was hoping to be able to retrieve attendee id's

From there I was planning on making an api call to the users endpoint to retrieve name and email address.

My first issue is that it looks like the config.user_id is the id of the event owner, not the attendee. Is this right? I've had a couple of people sign up and the same id has been returned in the hook.

Second question is using c# to create a web request is throwing a connection closed error. I see this has also been reported in another forum post but I can't figure out how to see the answers. Is there a step I could be missing with the web request? I've tried appending the token to the url and passing it as an authorization header but both ways fail. It works via a browser and the only difference appears to be a cookie

Third question, am I able to use the personal oauth token to retrieve all attendee name and email details? They are subscribing to the event so I'm hoping that I can just use the personal token.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Cheers
Steve

eud...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2018, 4:42:45 PM12/6/18
to Eventbrite API
Hey, try adding this before your webclient call:

ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = SecurityProtocolType.Tls12;