First of the new API endpoints have been released

Eventbrite API

Feb 19, 2014, 7:47:56 PM2/19/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

As promised, this is the first place that we're going to announce a preview version of the new Eventbrite API!

It's important to note that we're not finished and we'll continue to add to this API version with new development and endpoints (we're already working on another batch of endpoints to be released in a few weeks).

However, this release introduces endpoints that cover over 90% of the usage that we saw against our legacy version of the API. We encourage you to dig in and get started! We're here to help if there are any questions.

Most helpful resources:
Most exciting improvements:
  • New endpoint for 'Orders': Previously, Eventbrite's API did a good job of returning attendee information, for syncing into platforms like CRMs or ESPs, but we didn't do a good job of exposing who was ordering and related financial information. Now, you'll find several endpoints that help developers retrieve this critical information.
  • Pagination on every endpoint: We've seen event organizers take Eventbrite's platform to the extreme and our old wasn't design to support event organizers that hosted 100s of events or events that had 10,000s of attendees. Our new API bakes in pagination from the very start.
  • Easier to retrieve an OAuth token: OAuth is perfect for user-initiated authentication across many accounts, but it's a little cumbersome if I'm a developer who is just trying to build a bespoke integration for one Eventbrite user. To solve this, we build a new and dead simple way for developers to retrieve an OAuth token between their app key and their account -- try it out
  • New API Explorer: Another way we made the Eventbrite API easier is by building an API explorer -- if you want to explore an API endpoint and retrieve live data, you can do that right in the browser and easily read the available data. Check out a screen shot below for an Event's endpoint:

Paras Wadehra

Feb 19, 2014, 8:08:08 PM2/19/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Great, time to update some apps :)

Are these new API endpoints final or can they still change? Also, please do let us know well in advance before the old API is deprecated/removed.

Mitch Colleran

Feb 19, 2014, 8:59:36 PM2/19/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
The new endpoints are in a 'Preview' version -- we're confident enough to release them to the public and encourage developers to build off of them, but we reserve the right to make minor tweaks without as advanced notice as we'd do on the legacy API.

We 100% encourage development on the new APIs, but we'd be more comfortable if developers were open to adjusting to minor tweaks until we launch the full version (although, we don't anticipate making any changes).

We are working hard to release more endpoints to make sure the new version has 100% coverage over the old API functionality (even on the more obscure endpoints), and then we'll communicate a deprecation schedule. Don't worry though, we'll include a long and fair deprecation period.

Cheers!

Peter Slivka

Feb 24, 2014, 12:37:53 PM2/24/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Can you explain in the docs how to work with pagination? There's nothing about that (at least here: https://developer.eventbrite.com/docs/event-attendees/).
If I use "page" param from old API, I got "ARGUMENTS_ERROR".
{
    "status_code": 400,
    "error_description": "There are errors with your arguments: page - Unknown parameter",
    "error": "ARGUMENTS_ERROR"
}

Muhtarcan Goktas

Feb 25, 2014, 11:57:25 AM2/25/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
We are still using your old API endpoints?

How long will you support it?

Best,

Ahmedraza Ansari

Mar 28, 2014, 5:05:19 AM3/28/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
You can use this URL to solve your paging issue. This was done in C#

"https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/" + id + "/attendees/?token=" + token + "&page=" + page_number + "")

Get the page count and increase the page number accordingly.

Hope this helps!

cjl

Aug 26, 2014, 7:11:35 AM8/26/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us any idea of when the new API will enable update access? At present it seems to be read-only and I am aiming to integrate event creation into my Rails application. How long do I need to wait for a V3 event create, or do I just go ahead with the V1 methods?

Dana Kock

Aug 26, 2014, 11:48:52 AM8/26/14
to eventbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi there ~

We are hoping to have event creation available in the very near future. I cannot give an exact eta yet, though I will update as soon as I have more definitive information.

As we are in 'Preview' mode right now you can test updating events in the Event Details endpoint by POSTing multiple parameters including event name, event description, etc.

Robert Hillman

Nov 7, 2015, 11:01:56 PM11/7/15
to Eventbrite API
Thank fecking jesus! I have been looking for hours for this simple answer. Why is this not in the API documentation?  Requesting more records has got to be a common development need. Who is writing EB docs? Very unprofessional work.