Re: Become an Evennia patron!

Alexander Liu

Mar 12, 2015, 3:39:37 AM3/12/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

Come to China, I will buy you a beer!
在 2015年2月24日星期二 UTC+8上午5:22:31,Griatch Art写道:

https://www.patreon.com/griatch

Hi folks!

Coming out of the devel-branch coding work for a brief announcement - up at the top right of the Evennia homepage there is now a new shiny Patreon button. I set this up for those wanting to support me, your humble hard-working lead dev - and by extension Evennia. If you haven't heard of Patreon before, it's a way to support content creators with a small monthly sum you decide yourself. Think of it as a way to tip your hat, buy me a beer and tell me I'm doing something you're appreciating!

Just to be clear though, Evennia is and will always be completely free and open source. In no way should you feel obliged to pledge any support when using it. It's completely voluntary. This is very important.

... But people have been asking me for ways to support me and the project and now there is a way. Since some time there is also a regular PayPal button up there if that's more your thing.

Cheers,
.
Griatch

Griatch Art

Mar 12, 2015, 5:33:53 AM3/12/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks!

I like China but haven't visited in a few years now - so who knows, I might one day take you up on your offer.  ;)
.
Griatch

MacTORG

Mar 12, 2015, 9:30:53 AM3/12/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Might buy you a Beer!

going to be in China in May till June of this year.

Near Nanning during that time.

Best,

MacTORG

Gregory Taylor

Mar 17, 2015, 9:01:36 PM3/17/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I realize that this is a very late response, but I am just now seeing this.

I'm currently changing jobs and moving 2,400+ miles to the other side of the country, but I'll be all over this once we finish up with that and my wife finds a new job.

Glad to see you set this up. Getting small contributions like this is such a huge boost in motivation and warm fuzzies for a maintainer. I hope everyone else considers chipping in a few bucks, too.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Griatch Art <gri...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Griatch Art

May 29, 2015, 4:12:26 AM5/29/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com, gri...@gmail.com
I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank those who have graciously decided to become patrons to the Evennia project so far. It's most encouraging! Your support also also already payed for the renewal of the evennia.com domain.

So a big thankyou! :D
.
Griatch

Griatch Art

Feb 23, 2015, 4:22:31 PM2/23/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

https://www.patreon.com/griatch

Hi folks!

Coming out of the devel-branch coding work for a brief announcement - up at the top right of the Evennia homepage there is now a new shiny Patreon button. I set this up for those wanting to support me, your humble hard-working lead dev - and by extension Evennia. If you haven't heard of Patreon before, it's a way to support content creators with a small monthly sum you decide yourself. Think of it as a way to tip your hat, buy me a beer and tell me I'm doing something you're appreciating!

Just to be clear though, Evennia is and will always be completely free and open source. In no way should you feel obliged to pledge any support when using it. It's completely voluntary. This is very important.

... But people have been asking me for ways to support me and the project and now there is a way. Since some time there is also a regular PayPal button up there if a one-time donation is more your thing.

Cheers,
.
Griatch

Griatch Art

Dec 17, 2015, 9:30:35 AM12/17/15
to Evennia
So, as we approach the end of the year I wanted to make an updated post to commemorate the fact that a whopping 10 patrons have graciously decided to support me, and by extension Evennia development, since opening up the possibility at the beginning of this year.

So a call-out to Kevin, Jean-Francois Joly, MikeC, Mattia, Jirato, Eitan Romanoff, Patrick Gray, Fenda Truong, Adam Sechrest and MacTORG Steen for your Patreon support! It's most appreciated and encouraging to see people are liking the project enough to drop a monthly coin in the hat!
.
Griatch

Adam Sechrest

Dec 17, 2015, 12:33:53 PM12/17/15
to Evennia
Glad to help some shall amount. I haven't had much opportunity to play with Evennia lately, but I'm still a mailing list member and I enjoy reading posts and I see how much work you put into this. Thanks for your efforts.

MacTORG

Dec 17, 2015, 1:42:30 PM12/17/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
No problem Griatch!  glad to help out.  I have a friend that is playing around with Evennia as well.

Wish I had more time to do full time mud stuff but life can and does get in the way.

Best,

MacTORG