Who wants to make a game but doesn't want to take on the whole project solo?

George

Jan 27, 2015, 8:09:37 PM1/27/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, I'm just putting this out there in case there are one or more people like myself, who want to create a mud but don't necessarily have the time to do it all themselves. I'd prefer people with at least beginner-level programming knowledge but that's not necessary. A desire to make something fun and knowing how you'd fit into a team (game design, content writing, etcetera) is more important.

For myself I'd like to do some of everything. I'm a decent programmer and I enjoy writing too.

As to setting/genre I'm open. I'd like to do something original. Some of my favorite muds have been God Wars 2, ConQUEST, Maiden Desmodus, and ASSAULT. I've enjoyed a number of RP mushes as well. Favorite authors include Gene Wolfe. Ursula LeGuin, and Philip Dick.

In general I like muds with solid mechanics and fun features. I don't care as much about a super-detailed story line and in-depth lore, though I think that cosmetics and aesthetics are very important.

If you're interested reply in the thread and say a little about yourself, and we can take it from there.

thanks, George

sanspei D.

Jan 27, 2015, 11:22:48 PM1/27/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hey! I think that would be fun. I'm a 20 year old student and have some programming knowledge--but I've never worked on any projects before. I don't know what I'd primarily want to do.

Only MUD I've ever played is HellMOO, but I enjoyed it a lot -- especially with all the crazy stuff/content that was in the game.

Setting/genre-wise, would prefer it be original too. Something that doesn't take itself too seriously?

Alexandra

Jan 28, 2015, 8:17:58 AM1/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have been looking for a group of people that wanted to make a mud/mush. I'm slowly working on a game. Currently it is just me, although I have a thorough plan of what I would like to do. I've played a lot of Mushes and Muds, currently I'm mostly active on Luminari Mud as a builder, which is still in a beta.

Guicampos

Jan 28, 2015, 12:56:17 PM1/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
My name is Guilherme Campos, from Brazil, and I help to mantain an old circlemud-based brazilian MUD server called Devil's Bob World (debomud.org).

But i'm sick and tired of programming in C (I'm not a good C programmer) in that server and like many here, I dream with my own custom and different MUD.

I've played and administered some muds before, all of then were Brazilian.

I know a little of python programming and I have a different mud concept/project for evennia, planned more then 1 year ago, but never left the paper.

I'm open to join and share ideas and able to join a new mud project.

Best regards,
Guilherme Campos
Enkil Velland from DeBo MUD.

Marcus Bell

Jan 28, 2015, 2:02:57 PM1/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Looks like there are quite a few lurkers out there with ideas. :) I am working on a mixed-genre MUD based on my own world called Anachronia that could be described as a love child of AD&D, Urban Dead & Dwarf Fortress. It will have hack, slash & loot for the mouthbreathers, + RP, crafting & building for others. I also enjoy writing - Philip K Dick has long been one one of my favorite authors.

George

Jan 28, 2015, 10:48:06 PM1/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Cool, good to see a few responses. For those who said they have an idea (Alexandra, Guicampos) but didn't describe it, could you sum it up in a nutshell? Or say if you're not necessarily going forward with that idea?

Griatch Art

Jan 29, 2015, 2:37:56 AM1/29/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see many interested!
If I may offer a suggestion, it would be to start by trying to distill down the common game systems and mechanics that people can agree on needing. Agree on what is needed for creating a minimum game tech demo as a first waypoint. That way people can collaborate early and all get useful code out of it even if you all have different (final) game worlds in mind for now.
.
Griatch

Alexandra

Jan 29, 2015, 8:40:27 AM1/29/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

The name of my game is Vourniara; it is based on the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. My game will primarily be Roleplay, but will have some elements of combating, as a mud will. There will be mail, wand, spell, flying/quidditch, potion systems for starting. Later additions, which I would like to add, are an economy system, collectible wizard cards, and port-key (teleportation) system. While at the school there will be clubs for the students to join to have them become active in the game, where they rank each other on the house boards and as well as, overall school champion.

The system that I would like to use for the combative/character sheet would be a modified white wolf character sheet with pathfinder; this is where I am having a little bit of trouble and would like some input. In addition, nothing is really set in really and I am open for changes. Above is a picture of a mud that I have played that I was a student and it was a lot of fun. This is sort of the look that I would like to emulate when making the game.

Guicampos

Jan 29, 2015, 3:01:48 PM1/29/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I'll try to explain it. English is not my main language, but i'll try. Also, I don't know how to translate some specific terms, as 'Filibusteiro' could be 'freebooter', but i'm not sure.

Well, a good start point of view of my mud concept is to imagine the world of Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Not the characters, but the environment and stuff.

Every player is a pirate and they start the game in a tavern, where he can talk freely with other players and buy basic itens (food, simple weapons, etc).
There is no free world communication (like gossip or tell). They can talk in the same room (maybe have a skill to shout) and send letters or post in the tavern boards, shared across all taverns.
There's no classical rpg stats or hitpoints, mana.  They start with X vitality points: Y non-lethal and Z lethal.
There is 4 forms or classes of pirates. Each have unique advantages and disadvantages.

There would be 2 aspects of the game: The land aspect and the Naval aspect.
In land aspect, they can walk across the land (islands) by distance (measured in steps) and direction (cardinal N,S,E,W,SW,SE,NE,NW). So they use: walk 100 steps SW.
Each step takes a moment to complete (2 or 3 seconds). And with every step, a random event can happen: Encounter, treasure found, trap, etc.
Each type of encounter can be influenced by skills, like 'prospection (raises random treasure chance)' or 'intimidation (lowers encounter chance)'.
If during walk they reach a hotspot like a village, a monument, a tribe, etc, they can mark it on the map, so they can walk directly to there with: walk village strauts.

Combat would be simple: The fight would be made of fighting rounds. Each round starts and takes 5 seconds to finish.
During this 5 seconds they have to decide what to do (one command only, maybe 2): flee, use skill, try to dodge, talk, or something. If not is decided, the default action is a simple attack. A simple melee attack takes 1 non-lethal damage.
If one takes Y+Z*2 non-lethal damage, they die. Some skills or weapons can make a lethal strike. Z lethal strikes will kill the target.
About the vitality, some skills can increase the non-lethal hit or the lethal vitality, making the character more resistant.
Attack chance would be: in early game, everyone have 20% of chance to hit the target and everyone have 20% chance to dodge the attacker. Skills and itens can raise those stats.

The naval aspect:
Every player starts with a simple pirate ship with no crew or cannons; They can walk to the pier and embark on the ship.
Once inside the ship, the player can choose to walk inside the ship (walk convey, walk kitchen, walk to cannon room)  where they can upgrade (if they have money or material) each part of the ship.
Every part of the ship will give a bonus to the ship: Ship resistance, ship damage, ship crew, ship speed, etc.
Or they can enter the navigation mode (inside the ship: navigate), where they will control the ship itself. They can sail (pretty similar to the player land walk) to directions and measured in miles or kilometers. Again, during the sail, they can find treasures, encouters, etc. During sail they can also be afflicted by a storm, where they can be placed in a random point of the sea.
There would be also a naval combat system, but that needs more ideas.

Well, there's still much to say, think and plan... but I don't have the skills or the time to build it alone.

That's it, I hope you can understand it!

Thanks
Guilherme Campos

George

Jan 30, 2015, 1:30:40 AM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 11:37:56 PM UTC-8, Griatch Art wrote:

If I may offer a suggestion, it would be to start by trying to distill down the common game systems and mechanics that people can agree on needing. Agree on what is needed for creating a minimum game tech demo as a first waypoint. That way people can collaborate early and all get useful code out of it even if you all have different (final) game worlds in mind for now.

Good idea, it'd be helpful for the whole community to make modules of code re-usable if at all possible.

Someone off-list contacted me about their project, which I found very interesting, so I'm looking more into it and figuring out if it's something I want to commit to.

@Alexandra, thanks for the description, it sounds fun but I'm only a small Harry Potter fan so it's probably not something I'd work on.

@Guilherme, that's an interesting idea. Also it seems like it might be faster to make compared to the other project I'm looking at (an in-depth RPI). Do you see much RP happening with this idea or is it mainly goal-oriented play?

To sum up where I'm at, I'm looking into the RPI project and I'm interested in learning more about Guilherme's idea. For sanspei D., and anyone else watching the thread but not posting, perhaps now would be a good time to say what sounds interesting to you (or if you'd rather do something else).

Guicampos

Jan 30, 2015, 9:44:23 AM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Well, I don't know how RPI can be inserted in the game context, but of course it's something that can be arranged.

I can't imagine a RP style of game because all the muds that I had and have contact were hack and slash circlemud (99% of brazilian muds are made or inspired on the old circlemud or TBA).
Another thing, I came up with this this mud game idea thinking on the current Brazilian mud players, composed almost exclusively by blind people, and they are not big fans of RP in general (here in Brazil). They seen to prefer a fast and conquest-based textual games, with achievements and goals. Mainly because of the brazilian mud players culture, but of course, culture can be changed.

This game concept would make great use of 'auto-quests', where mobs or NPCs could offer missions to be accomplished by the players (like treasure hunting, bounty hunts, ship wars, etc), but I really don't know how RP or RPI could take place in this kind of textual game.

We can discuss about this idea deeply in chat, if you have time and patience to read my poor English writing :)

Cheers,
Guilherme Campos
Enkil Velland

Shan Hollen

Jan 30, 2015, 10:03:53 AM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I’m a veteran MUD designer/coder/administrator. I’ve been playing online text RPGs since the mid-80’s, worked for Simutronics for a stretch and run my own MUD for seven years. The vast majority of my experience has been in LambdaMOO/Stunt.

I’m currently in the process of building a new game I call Shadowfall—migrating development from MOO to Evennia. Shadowfall is designed to be a classic H&S game with dynamic combat, detailed crafting and a player-driven economy, with a heavy bent towards resource acquisition and creation. I’m a power player with a deep love for role-play, so Shadowfall combines complex mechanics with storied character development. I believe in emergent gaming and letting players mix and match lots of abilities and resources, as opposed to branching skills off a tree.

Shadowfall is classic high fantasy, with a twist. I call it “Swords, Sorcery and Cybernetics.” Dev is in the very early stages. I have character creation and rudimentary skill/advancement structure implemented as well as a comprehensive system for wearables and all the basic mechanics. But I’ve halted implementation in MOO as I build my Evennia codebase. I have a definite idea of where I want to go with the game as far as narrative and the flavor of combat, crafting and magic, but I am wide open to and actively looking for input/collaboration. I heartily welcome anyone who wants to join my little project. If you’re interested, please email me at sho...@comcast.net.

Here's a little snippet from my game proposal:

• Shadowfall: Mystery and high intrigue in an awakening post-apocalyptic world of technology-tinged fantasy where players scheme, build and battle, facing the temptation of a quietly encroaching evil as they struggle to survive.

• Story Mission and Player Objectives:

The Shadowfall narrative is specifically designed to provide a rich world context with a pervading atmosphere of intrigue and a story that puts the players at the forefront. The idea is to give the players a good understanding of the how’s and why’s without defining the way things must work going forward, and to do it through storytelling in a way that integrates the unknown past as an accepted mystery and player characters as necessary heroes.

The mechanism of the “Cataclypse” adds magical elements and a fantastically mutated atmosphere to the world while removing superior characters, organizations and other entities so that the players MUST depend upon themselves. It’s up to the players to establish law and commerce in their new society. Through clever use of skills, abilities, and other game mechanics, exploration of automated quests and live role-play, players develop complex characters as they build their world and write its history around them. The players become the merchants, politicians and lawkeeps of the world, as well as warriors, magicians and thieves.

But it’s not quite that simple. As players go about the everyday business of living, evil and its minions lurk among them, quietly recruiting, persuading, insinuating themselves and their agenda into society. Some of these agents are players themselves, having succumbed to the temptation of power and promise of riches and influence. And so goes the conflict, players on each side and in between, scheming, spying, planning their next move as intrigue builds and the story unfolds.

• My philosophy on PVP: Shadowfall is a role-playing game, so PvP encounter is a vital part of its world. PvP will inevitibly occur as an outgrowth of people playing their roles. The policy is this: Pick on whomever ya want. Bully whomever ya want. But don't whine when what goes around comes back around about a hundred times. If you don't want a badass to smack you down, don't mouth off. If someone you can't handle is insulting you and trying to draw you into a scrum, don't let him. Walk away and hire someone to kick his ass. Above all, keep it IC. Anyone who runs around killing just because he can will swiftly learn the power of vigilante justice. When guaging the badness of your own ass, do not underestimate the ingenuity of others. You may be tough, but no one is invincible in Shadowfall.

• For a little more info, especially if you're interested in narrative and world context, check out the very basic website: Shadowfall

-Shan

sanspei D.

Jan 30, 2015, 1:10:36 PM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Okay so I like the theme of Guilherme's idea, but would like to imagine things as more people-based/roleplay based?. I'm imagining more of Fantasy! Pirates (One Piece-style) where pretty much anything can happen, and "being in the story" atmosphere is a thing. I am approaching this on a casual player's POV.

List of features (I like)
---------------------
Standard Channels you can turn on/off (newbie, ooc, etc) - really want for there to be both in-room chat and channel-chat, so that the game doesn't feel so empty.
Game Skills System - Prospection (for treasure), Intimidation, (although the names should be kept simpler, like "find"/"search"/"skill"
Combat Skills System - weapons skills (sword/gun/fists) for combat.
      ^-- During actual combat, strength of hits/overall outcome should be decided by those two skill systems, along with the standard dodge/"special hit" commands.
      ^-- Not really sure how I feel about the combat. I think I like automatic hit bam-boom-bam-boom better (and quickly typing commands inbetween, for the next "hit/tick". But I am not big on combat, and my focus would be more on regular mobs, which in that case wouldn't matter anyway.
Enemy Mobs - self explanatory.
Friendly Mobs you can control - V Explained the need for down below, under the Navy section,
NPCs
Controllable Rides (Ships)
Guilds (becomes pirate crews, and the navy, both of which should work differently)
Teleportation (for the hopelessly lost or the lazy)
Onscreen Map (one of the most important additions in my opinion--not a map as an item you look at in game, but present on the prompt every time you type "look" or travel in a different direction)

ROLES
You start out with no role. In the main town.

Navy - have the power to arrest pirates and put them into jail. They work on a "promotion" hierarchy, where the more powerful you are, the more subordinate mobs you get to control. Not sure how this should work yet, but I want navy players to be playable, and for this to be one of the oppositions against pirates. - Also, there should be other ways to make being a navy person more fun.
Pirates - should be led by at least a "captain." You can decide at any point in the game to start a "crew", and other people can decide to join you. Since they don't control mobs like the navy does, they should start off with more individual power?

Ships - steerable, has multiple rooms, upgradeable (refer to Guilherme)
   - combat --> ??? sketchy. canons against other ships would be cool. Having some mobs (mermaids, THE KRAKEN, flying monkeys) having the ability to attack the ships, also cool.

Islands - Different locations with different "themes"--this way it's up to the creator to decide whether this island should be a wintry place/full of dinosaurs/whatever they want. But once a theme has been decided, builders should stick to that theme. Pirates pillage (or conquer islands [maybe different islands have a "main goal"?]), while navy people chase pirates away/protect the island.
Routes - Ships sailing on the ocean should travel on different "routes', and not by numbers, so that encounters with other ships would be more likely. There should always be 2-3 routes going from one island to another island. For example, there would be a number of rooms leading from one island to another, and the ship should be able to travel along those rooms automatically, all the while keeping the "random encounters" stuff in mind.

I really want a fantasy element to be somewhere in there, but couldn't think up of anything for it. NPC witches who can give you "curses" so that you get mutant powers? Or maybe people can be born from different races with different powers? But I like the idea of going from humans -> adventuring, then gaining powers.

Guicampos

Jan 30, 2015, 4:36:21 PM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

Hello all!

Well, I made a concept guide about my ideas. Not all ideas are here and there’s no structural or mechanical information.

I've made this guide following a research made long ago by this site over here: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001298.php?page=4

So, for each aspect of players motivations, I tried to fill with my game idea concept.

The first block is only a structured copy from the website table.

Then, following the same structure, I put what I think my game should have to to fill the player’s motivation.

I know it looks like confusing (and it is indeed) but I hope you can get the idea behind this documentation.

Common Goals and focus (extracted from http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001298.php?page=4)

Conquests and achievements

Progress

Character Progress, power, Accumulation, Status

Mechanics

Numbers, Optimization, Analysis, Templating, Combinations

Competition

Challenging Others, Provocation, Domination

Social

Socializing

Casual chat, Help others, make and maintain friends

Relationship

Personal, self-disclosure, find and give support

Teamwork

Collaboration, groups, groups achievements

Immersion

Discovery

Exploration, ‘LORE’, finding hidden things

Interpretation (role playing)

Story line, Character history, Roles, Fantasy

Customization

Appearance, Accessories, Style, colors

Escapism

Relax, escape from real life, Avoid Real life problems

Now my concept answer

Conquests and achievements

Progress

Character Progression

Strength - Personal and physical power

    Naval power

Sea - Best/most powerful ship

        Best explorer

wealth - Biggest treasure / Most rich

Better ship/equipment

Social- Best/most special crew (players in it’s crew)

Power - See Character / Naval Strength

Accumulation - Items, treasure, wealth in general

Status - Best Sailor, Best Duelist, Best explorer, Best accumulator

Mechanics

Numbers - Attributes :

of the character: strength, resistance, agility

of the ship: resistance, fire power, speed, boarding safety (difficult to be boarded by other pirates)

      - Skills:

of the character, in land: safer movimentation, faster movimentation, terrain adaptation, treasure hunting, metal detection, path detection, etc

of the character, while fighting: touché, power blow, good aim, power powder, jink, escapism, acrobacy

of the character, while navigating: direction sense, storm sense, ship maneuvering, defensive navigation, offensive navigation, improved offensive ship boarding

of the character, during naval combat: Canon positioning, improved aiming, defensive position, initiative, offensive position, faster cannon reload, etc

Optimizations and combinations - Equipment sets for ships and characters

Competition

Challenge other players - Public announced challenges, bounty hunting, Corsican Licence, treasure stealing, treasure digging/burry.

Provocations - Insult challenge (remember the curse of the monkey island)

Domination - Dominate islands and build a fort to protect treasure

Social

Socialization

Casual chat - Can chat in any room, in taverns should be encouraged. No public global chat. Letters would be free to send. Bulletins boards shared across the taverns globally.

Help others- Copy maps with hot spots, give/sell items, help with ship upgrading

Make and maintain friends  - Special Crew: Bonus in ship stats for each friend

Relationship

Maintain special ship crew

Teamwork

Collaboration - Again special ship crew, items search, items repair, etc

Team achievements - Creation of brotherhoods. Like a clan, where members can get bonuses.

Immersion

Discovery

Exploration - World is close to random: One can find a new island when sailing, or new villages or cities when exploring

‘LORE’ - World’s history is similar to earth’s in pirates time

Finding hidden things- Lost islands, lost treasures, other pirates buried treasure, lost paths

Interpretation

Develop character history: Free and full character description to be edited

Fantasy- A big ? here

Customization

Appearance - Character and ship: - In description or Appearance Items.

Accessories - Character

Pirate suits, hats, swords, fire weapons, traps, bombs, pirate stilt, pirate parrot, etc

       Ship

Mast, rudder , hull , artillery , flag, common crew (npcs hired to give a little bonus)

Style - Pirate/Naval

Colors - Terminal limited or descriptive

Escapism

Relax -

AutoQuests: Insult Challenges, treasure hunting, Staff events, Navigation races

That's it!

Cheers,
Guilherme

George

Jan 30, 2015, 11:05:59 PM1/30/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, January 30, 2015 at 1:36:21 PM UTC-8, Guicampos wrote:

Hello all!

Well, I made a concept guide about my ideas.

Thanks Guilherme this is useful.  Since there is some interest in this between you, sanspei D. and myself should we split this to a different thread, or maybe off-list? I don't know if the list is for more detailed discussion like this.

Griatch Art

Jan 31, 2015, 6:09:12 AM1/31/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
@George

To answer the implied question, you are all welcome to discuss game concepts! But in the interest of making this useful for the Evennia mailing list, it is probably best if you focus on the discussions related to coding the systems you need and have in mind (this is stuff that can be useful to everyone - and you might also get help from people not directly involved in your project). So deep discussions on things like game lore, important npcs, history and other world-specific things like that is probably best handled off-list.
.
Griatch

Guicampos

Jan 31, 2015, 8:34:37 AM1/31/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Ok, switching to off-list.

Griatch Art

Jan 31, 2015, 9:14:15 AM1/31/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Evennia does have a subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/evennia that a a kind user set up some time ago. It's currently empty, but maybe it can be made useful?
.
Griatch

Tristano Ajmone

Feb 27, 2015, 5:26:46 AM2/27/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

Well, I made a concept guide about my ideas. Not all ideas are here and there’s no structural or mechanical information.

I've made this guide following a research made long ago by this site over here: http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001298.php?page=4

I had a look at Nick Yee's website, very interesting stuff indeed! On the homepage it says: «I'm a research scientist at Ubisoft studying gamer behavior. My research focuses on online games and virtual worlds.» There are many MUD-articles worth reading on his site. He also authored a book on the subject of online virtual gaming worlds.

Thanks for the link, I think I'll benefit from it. I come from the Interactive-Fiction / text-adventures world, so I didn't get the chance to enjoy MUDs in their golden days. I have read some interesting books on Interactive Fiction, and I did appreciate them because they took me out of the in-game years of experience and offered me a chance to get a bird-view on IF, and better contextualize it. In particular, the book "Twisty Little Passages" provided great indepth (tends to be a bit on the academic side overall though). The recent documentary "Get Lamp" was a bliss in many ways: it came out at a time when IF was a bit stale, and of course it encouraged a bit of a revival amongst those who had been inactive on IF.

The documentary Get Lamp was produced by Jason Scott, who also directed BBS: The Documentary. Get Lamp (at the time still in production, but you could pre-ordered it to sustain the project---a long wait!!!) revived my interest in IF (which I had set aside for a few years) but it also led me to remember the age of BBS (great fun! all that waiting for the modem to get a free line....) and that triggered a long research into still-active BBS tools, which led me to discover MUDs (which to my regret I had missed, apparently). From there I spent a few months searching for active MUDs to connect to, or MUD software that was still being maintained, ecc.

It was an interesting (but very dispersive!) journey. I wish Jason Scott might think of producing a documentary on MUDs/MUSH/MOOs too---it would be the missing jewel of his "trilogy", so to speak, since it would fit well with BBS and IF. Might even think of probing him into it ... he surely must be interested in it (if not thinking about it already). Such a documentary would be a good event, and might put some order in the present mess of dead links mazes, confused documentations, ecc; and revive some interest as well.

George

Jun 14, 2015, 4:44:46 PM6/14/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hello again, I'm reviving this thread to see who is looking for help/collaboration on an in-progress or completely new mud. You can see a short description of my interests below. .

Regarding the original thread, Guicampos and I got decently far on designing a new mud, but life got busy for both of us and the project fizzled out. While I'm checking to see if he wants to work on it again, I'm also open to new projects.

thanks, George

Curtis Robison

Jun 15, 2015, 2:46:40 AM6/15/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I would throw my hat in with you, though I am probably a step below beginner in programming, interested in deep lore and have a setting in mind already. Good luck finding collaborators; I think there must be plenty of people in search of groups!

Leech

Jul 14, 2016, 8:22:23 PM7/14/16
to Evennia
Thought I'd throw out the learning project that I'm hobbying around with to the list, which I'm not sure is even pertinent anymore TBH! I've been learning Python and Evennia over the past few months and have accrued a tidy list of basic object-oriented programming skills that allow me to make single-player terminal app text games, but unfortunately I haven't made much ground on making anything original out of the Evennia codebase aside from editing what's already in the contrib folder. A quick synopsis:

Sonder RPI

“n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own.” – Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Sonder is a roleplaying intensive MUD that explores the intriguing lives and dark secrets of the denizens residing in Briarport, Washington. Sonder promotes an atmosphere of cloying, interpersonal horror and occult paranoia hidden under a veil of social normalcy. The families of Briarport have no shortage of skeletons in the closet. The recent triple-suicide of clergy at the Saint Thomas Aquinas Cathedral has shaken the normally sleepy port town to its core. The attention of regional law enforcement and media turns to the town as the initial verdict of suicide tips ever-closer to a declaration of murder.

A list of features I'd love to eventually put in for a tech demo include:

**An in-depth application and roster system where players can apply to take the role of pre-made family members.

**An experience system that gives out roleplaying points (RPP)

**A conversion of nWoD's D10 dice system into MUD code. Basically, the rulebook in an easily referenced coded format to automate checks of failure or success on common actions so that most player transactions can carry on without staff interaction, or knowledge of the player handbook, and also assist in informing attributes of the character object.

**An emote combat system that takes advantage of nWoDs combat checks with a few added tweaks to increase the claustrophobic panic that arises from CQC (struggling for a knife, good old fashioned wrasslin’, the sort of back and forth for any point of advantage against your opponent).

joey fogas

Aug 28, 2016, 5:43:16 AM8/28/16
to Evennia
I've been working on coding my mud for a few months...  I used to run one back in the late 90's/ early 2000's for several years. The pbase dropped so it closed (runescape became popular)...

but things come back around so I'm coding again and this time I have created something wonderful... though, doing it all alone sucks. I plan on looking for builders and a co-coder in mid-late september when i put it online.  It is a SMAUGFUSS derivative so knowledge of SMAUG is a must.  I say mid-late september because there are certain mechanics and systems I want to implement personally.

ALYCE:Shattered Wonderland - Inspired by American Mcgee's Alice

(smaug derivative)

Welcome to Wonderland, a dark and twisted version of it's former self.

Enter the rabbit hole and find yourself immersed in a world full of wonder and fear. Nothing is as it seems and everything is what it is not.

MUD FEATURES FOR PLAYERS:

Class-less, Race-less, level-less -

Earn training points to increase your stats. Develop your avatar any way you see fit.

Story-like dialog -

Enjoy automatic dialog exchanges between yourself and the NPCs.

Familiar characters -

The Cheshire Cat will aid you in his own, confusing way. Beware the Jabberwock!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS! -

Beheadding feature to decapitate your foes, both PC and NPC alike.

Simplified structure -

No useless information spamming the player sheets. Simple, yet elegant.

Mini-Map -

Mini-map feature shows a graphical output of connecting rooms

Griatch Art

Aug 29, 2016, 12:06:45 AM8/29/16
to eve...@googlegroups.com
@joey

Good luck with your game, but this is a mailing list for the Evennia code base, it's not a likely place for you to find people interested in SMAUG development.
.
Griatch

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:43:16 AM UTC+2, joey fogas wrote:
I've been working on coding my mud for a few months...  I used to run one back in the late 90's/ early 2000's for several years. The pbase dropped so it closed (runescape became popular)...
[...]