What happened to contrib/lineeditor.py?

Tristano Ajmone

Apr 10, 2015, 4:12:42 AM4/10/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
After updating Evennia I've realized that the module lineeditor.py is no longer in the contrib folder.

Has it been moved to another folder, or permanently removed from the project?
Were there some compatiblity issues?

Thanks

Griatch Art

Apr 10, 2015, 5:05:47 AM4/10/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
The line editor was moved into the default command set. It is now located in evennia/commands/default/lineeditor.py.

So far, its default usage is pretty limited; it allows

@desc/edit <obj>

to edit descriptions in the line editor and also allows to edit Attributes using

@editor <obj>/<attrname>

but it can of course be accessed freely by custom commands.
.
Griatch

Tristano Ajmone

Apr 10, 2015, 5:55:55 AM4/10/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Right ... I've missed it because having customized the Cmd in Italian I didn't benefit from the update.

Having set extended room to replace default room--and extended @desc replacing @desc--I'll have to tweak things a bit now otherwise I lose the linediting option in @desc.

I either have to rename the extended @desc to @descext so that I can have both of them, or change them in other ways--maybe incorporating lineditor into extended @desc.

I was so concentrated on the Italian translation of Cmds that I didn't realize there had been major changes in some of the default cmds. I was expecting them thouhg, so I had set the objective that when Evennia will be in it's first stable release I'll go through all the Cmds again and just copy and paste the relevant translations and tweaks onto the updated Cmds---after all, it's mostly about translating strings right now, and a few language-related tweaks, nothing too big that couldn't be transposed in the future with a morning work.

But the lineditor is something I want to incorporate right away.

Tristano Ajmone

Apr 10, 2015, 6:09:23 AM4/10/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I've gone through a diff an integrated all relevant changes into my Italian translation.

As for this @editor Cmd:

and also allows to edit Attributes using

@editor <obj>/<attrname>

It's not set on any Cmdset by default, it has to be manually added right?