Taking JSON response as spreadsheet

1 view

Esra Atescelik

Feb 22, 2014, 5:35:04 AM2/22/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would like to ask if it is possible to export JSON response to excel or csv on the Europeana API (function)? Thanks!

Kind regards,
Esra

Péter Király

Feb 22, 2014, 5:48:55 AM2/22/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

with the API itself you can not download Excel or CSV, but you can
easily write a client, which transform JSON to Excel. The hard part is
that the API contain repeatable field (for example: there can be
multiple authors), and you have to decide whether you put all the
field instances into one cell, or into multiple cells, or you create
multiple tables with connections in between, or you miss the second
and forthcomming field values.

Regards,
Péter
> --