Launch of Europeana Labs beta website

James Morley

Apr 11, 2014, 12:55:02 PM4/11/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi

As some people may know, last week saw the launch of the new beta site for Europeana Labs. The site is intended as a single place where new and existing API key holders can find inspiration and resources to support them in the creative re-use of well over 30 million items in Europeana.

This new site has been created in response to the feedback we had when we sent out a survey to our developer community last year. New features include sample datasets and an ever-growing library of existing apps, together with details of forthcoming events, locations of real-world and online Labs, and a new blog. Talking of which, you can find out more about the new site and explore it in more depth via the introductory blog post - http://labs.europeana.eu/blog/welcome-to-the-new-europeana-labs/

We're looking for feedback so that we can continue to develop the site before its formal launch at the end of June. Once you've had a look, please take a few moments to fill out our very quick survey to tell us what you think - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/392VRKG

Shortly we'll also be inviting developers of exsiting apps to write guest blog posts, outlining your experiences with using the API and promoting what you have created.

Finally, I should quickly introduce myself. I have recently joined Europeana as Creative Industries Community Developer. This new role is to promote and support the re-use of Europeana content through the API and from across the Europeana platform. I'm also a first port of call for anyone with ideas, problems or general questions, so do feel free to drop me an email here on the forum, or directly at James....@europeana.eu. Don't forget you can also folow @EuropeanaTech on Twitter.

Very best wishes

James Morley
Creative Industries Community Developer
Europeana