Records numbers mismatch

Milica Knezevic

Aug 19, 2014, 8:53:22 AM8/19/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For the collection 9200231_Ag_EU_TEL_a1081_Collections_1914-1918, the API call http://europeana.eu/api/v2/datasets.json?wskey=xxxxx returns 6989 as the number of records in the collection,
while the value of the field "totalResults" is 6784 in http://europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=xxxxx&query=europeana_collectionName:9200231_Ag_EU_TEL_a1081_Collections_1914-1918
What is causing this mismatch and could it be fixed?

Thanks,
Milica

Milica Knezevic

Aug 19, 2014, 9:04:14 AM8/19/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Just to add,

similar thing happens with other collections e.g. 9200290_Ag_EU_TEL_a0564b_EUcollection14-18

Best,
Milica

James Morley

Aug 26, 2014, 7:03:34 AM8/26/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Milica

This is an issue that I'd spotted recently myself and raised internally. The figures used for the datasets.json response have become out of sync when records have changed in certain datasets. The ones you get from the search API method will be accurate.

I'm looking to get this resolved but I think realistically this may take some time. Are you able to use the figures returned by the query results? If this is a big issue to you please send me some further details (off-list if you want) about what you require and I will see if there's another way to help.

Best wishes, James

Aug 26, 2014, 7:12:00 AM8/26/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Thanks, once again, for your help. This is not causing any big issues, but I needed to know which number is the right one, and if I'm getting all relevant records from collections.

Best,
Milica

James Morley

Aug 27, 2014, 10:03:55 AM8/27/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Milica (and others interested in datasets)

Due to the ongoing issues with the underlying data in the custom datasets method, could I propose an alternative method using the standard search method and some of Lucene's facet functionality?

If you use the call

You will get a complete list of paired values showing the dataset name and the record count.

Of course you can also combine this with other standard query parameters (http://labs.europeana.eu/api/data-fields/) to limit these results, an obvious example being to look at datasets for one provider

Although this misses some of the fields that the datasets method provides, I suspect it will fulfill most needs, and crucially it will always return 'live' data.

If you need more, let me know!

Best,

James

Sent: 26 August 2014 13:11
To: europe...@googlegroups.com

Milica Knezevic

Aug 27, 2014, 11:07:12 AM8/27/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Great! Thank you for this information and instructions.

Best,
Milica

Vladimir Alexiev

Oct 1, 2015, 12:59:25 PM10/1/15
to Europeana API forum
I was wondering how a query to count by Collection would look in SPARQL (http://europeana.ontotext.com/sparql).
Easy enough:

PREFIX edm: <http://www.europeana.eu/schemas/edm/>
select ?coll (count(*) as ?c) {

?a1 edm:provider "CultureGrid"; edm:aggregatedCHO ?cho.

?a2 edm:collectionName ?coll; edm:aggregatedCHO ?cho.
} group by ?coll order by ?coll

To grok it, see the graph http://europeana.ontotext.com/doc/queries/#EDM_Graph. ?a1 and ?a2 are the two Aggregation nodes.