Wrong metadata

Lara Marziali

Sep 28, 2017, 9:16:04 AM9/28/17
to Europeana API forum
Hi,

is there something wrong with the metadata? Because with this search http://www.europeana.eu/portal/it/search?q=who%3A(National+Gallery+of+Art+Washington+DC)&view=grid in the Institution filter there's not the National Gallery of Art Washington, but BEIC.

Thanks,
Lara

Hugo Manguinhas

Oct 24, 2017, 2:59:02 PM10/24/17
to Europeana API forum
Dear Lara,

Thank you for your email.

The query that you made is searching in the creator and contribution fields, see our documentation https://pro.europeana.eu/resources/apis/europeana-rest-api ... if you are looking for items that have been contributed by a specific organization, you should use the provider_aggregation_edm_dataProvider field instead. However, if you are looking for National Gallery of Art Washington you will not find any in our collection, see this API query that collects the statistics for all organization that contributed content to Europeana: http://www.europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=YOURKEY&query=*&profile=facets&facet=provider_aggregation_edm_dataProvider&f.provider_aggregation_edm_dataProvider.facet.limit=20000&rows=0

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Hugo Manguinhas