Problem with preview images

1 view

Jörg Schlötterer

Apr 27, 2016, 4:55:18 AM4/27/16
to Europeana API forum
Hi, at the moment, I'm facing problems with the URLs of the preview images provided by the API: Requesting those images either runs into a timeout or a 503 - service unavailable (and it takes quite a while, until the 503 response).
So for example, requesting this URL:
will not yield a result.
While requesting the image directly (as provided in the uri parameter)
yields a result.

Is this a known issue, or am I the only one facing this problem?

Gordea Sergiu

Apr 27, 2016, 5:11:18 AM4/27/16
to europe...@googlegroups.com

Hi … I have the same problem with the imagesimilarity demo

http://image-similarity.ait.ac.at/imagedemo/

The image requests … end up in a network timeout L

http://europeanastatic.eu/api/image?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mimo-db.eu%2Fmedia%2FRMCA%2FIMAGE%2FMO.0.0.18625_WEB_01.jpg&size=LARGE&type=IMAGE

Br,

Sergiu

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Gordea Sergiu

Apr 27, 2016, 5:13:13 AM4/27/16
to europe...@googlegroups.com

It seems that it was a wise decision to use an own cache in culturecam.

This one still works .. even if it uses the same backend.

http://culturecam.eu/?shared=1445457912633_03fdfa28eae1186ae0f44d97f72e3ae7

BR,

Remy Gardien

Apr 27, 2016, 5:56:42 AM4/27/16
to Europeana API forum
Hi Jörg,

Thanks for letting us know. We had a problem with our DNS which resulted in some timeouts for the europeanastatic domain.
We just resolved this but it may take an hour or so for the changes to take effect.

In the meantime, if you switch to www.europeanastatic.eu over europeanastatic.eu it should already work.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Remy Gardien
Europeana

Jörg Schlötterer

Apr 27, 2016, 12:11:21 PM4/27/16
to Europeana API forum
Works fine again. Thanks for the quick fix!