a short tutorial would be nice

1 view

Iuga Ioan Bogdan

Apr 8, 2014, 4:40:47 AM4/8/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm new to this and as far as I understand Europeana should be a database related to culture in general.

Right now I'm thinking about several projects to provide content and information related to woodworking. One of these would identify some works of art using GPS and than through a webpage would provide information about it - so really straight forward stuff.

The way Europeana is looks rather interesting to use. I don't understand the following and I would appreciate some enlightenment:

1. where do all the photos rest?
       should I host them and link to Europeana or do they rest on Europana website?
-- for both cases: how is this done?
        if they are hosted by europeana where do I input the data?
        if they are hosted by me: where exactly do I tell Europeana they exist?
-- sorry but it is not clear at all and i've been reading through several of the site-s online documentation, none of it being clearly marked as official or not.

2. is there an introductory on how to use this? sort of a guide: start here... do this ...do that ... now u have a website using the europeana database
       or some implementation examples. and I don't mean the search widget.

Maybe some of this seems basic to You but I would appreciate a bit of guidance.

Thank You.

Bogdan