Europeana API Clients

Gerben Jacobs

Apr 1, 2014, 1:04:29 PM4/1/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Are there any clients/libraries?

For people who want to 'quickly' develop something with the Europeana API it would be nice if there was an abstraction of the API that only requires you to give it your key and secret and a query.
I know the Europeana tech team hasn't made any, but maybe there's others out there?

I'm quite familiar with PHP, so I could cook something up in my freetime.

Péter Király

Apr 1, 2014, 1:09:45 PM4/1/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
> Are there any clients/libraries?
>
> For people who want to 'quickly' develop something with the Europeana API it
> would be nice if there was an abstraction of the API that only requires you
> to give it your key and secret and a query.
> I know the Europeana tech team hasn't made any

Hi Gerben,

there are two PHP libraries made by Europeana dev team members:

1) part of our "tools" project (https://github.com/europeana/tools)
there is an api_test directory, which conitains a PHP library for the
API. You can revisit the test cases to see how it works.

2) you can find a more elaborated, but less up-to-date PHP library
here: https://github.com/dan-nl/europeana-api

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Péter

--
Péter Király
software developer

Europeana - http://europeana.eu
eXtensible Catalog - http://eXtensibleCatalog.org

Gerben Jacobs

Apr 1, 2014, 2:09:55 PM4/1/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I stand corrected. Didn't know they were there.
So the "tools" is more a hack/testing thing and the other one is only for APIv1?

So I guess I can still create a library if I want to? :)

Péter Király

Apr 1, 2014, 2:25:07 PM4/1/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
> other one is only

Hi,

both libraries I mentioned are good for API v2. The testing tool is
for testing both versions, and it is more up-to-date. (BTW: the tools
project contains lots of things, the api_test directory is independent
from the rest.)

Of course you can create a better PHP library which best fits to your
needs. I would like to see an Europeana library in
https://packagist.org/. If you are interest to work on that I can help
you.

Gordea Sergiu

Apr 2, 2014, 6:06:46 AM4/2/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com

Dear Gerben,

If you are familiar with Java, you might check this repository:

https://github.com/europeana/europeana-client/

BR,

Sergiu

Gerben Jacobs

Apr 2, 2014, 6:31:47 AM4/2/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I'll have a look in their source.

I'm working on a PHP version with PSR-0 and Packagist compatability. To be honest, it's a first for me so don't get your hopes up too high.
I'll put it on Github soon and see where it goes.

David Haskiya

Aug 18, 2014, 4:03:41 AM8/18/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gerben,
This is a very old thread I know but we now provide a better overview of available client libraries on Labs:

Cheers,
David Haskiya