edmPlaceLatitude and edmPlaceLongitude in mimimal profile returning lots of "0.0" entries

Chas Woodfield

Dec 9, 2013, 11:54:51 AM12/9/13
to europe...@googlegroups.com
The first couple of records, along with some other records further down, in
the search
"http://europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=XXX&query=europeana_collection
Name:%222022316_Ag_UK_ELocal_DurhamCountyCouncil%22&profile=minimal&rows=96&
start=137" return 162 entries in edmPlaceLatitude and edmPlaceLongitude with
the value of "0.0", with the last entry having the correct latitude and
longitude, yet when you look at the full record "
http://europeana.eu/api/v2/record/2022316/FD91BEC73798822DFC027609448A629698
D1B9B1.json?wskey=XXX&profile=full" nothing seems to be amiss and the "0.0"
entries do not appear.

Whereas records 7 and 8 have the correct entry repeated 3 times.

Is this expected behaviour and therefore you need to be careful when
processing edmPlaceLatitude and edmPlaceLongitude, to ignore duplicate and
0.0 entries ?

Thanks,
Chas.

Péter Király

Dec 9, 2013, 12:03:38 PM12/9/13
to europe...@googlegroups.com
2013/12/9 Chas Woodfield <chas.wo...@k-int.co.uk>:
> Whereas records 7 and 8 have the correct entry repeated 3 times

Hi,

this is a known bug, comes from a semi 3rd party application. We
already fixed it, and new records contain correct values, but legacy
records still contain these zeros. We have to reindex the whole
database to fix the problem, which will happen somewhere in the
future.

Regards,
Péter

ps. do you know why this list became so active in the last days? (I am
happy with it bwt.)

--
Péter Király
software developer

Europeana - http://europeana.eu
eXtensible Catalog - http://eXtensibleCatalog.org

Chas Woodfield

Dec 9, 2013, 12:18:35 PM12/9/13
to europe...@googlegroups.com
It is new records I am interested in, just waiting for them to be published
after being ingested, so was looking at an old data set to follow through
what I will be doing and just happened to notice this oddity.

Thank you,
Chas.