How to get a list of the data collections?

lawrence mcdonell

Mar 9, 2017, 6:34:59 AM3/9/17
to Europeana API forum
Hi,
what query could get me the list of data collections on Data Collections page http://labs.europeana.eu/data
of the europeana labs site? I know it sounds obvious and easy but I cant find it anywhere, either in the docs or in this group :(
Thanks for any help,
Lawrence

James Morley

Mar 9, 2017, 5:26:22 PM3/9/17
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lawrence

As someone who used to manage that page, I can say that they are handpicked so there is not a list that you can pull directly. You'll see in each example that the query parameters vary and can be quite complex.

Can you describe what your use case is? If so, I might be able to suggest a few hacks that could lead to something that would help.

Best, James

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Message has been deleted

lawrence mcdonell

Mar 9, 2017, 7:46:40 PM3/9/17
to Europeana API forum
Thanks James. I'm not surprised that what looks obvious to the layman is not so straightforward to do. Yet, in the role of the naive observer, I can't help thinking that the handpicked work already done by staff should be able to be more easily capitalised on by using the api (- that goes for other organisations' api's out there too). Such curation work makes dataset resources easily assessed because the curation is already displayed.
Actually I was just experimenting for a React-Native app but wanted to work with a nice curated collection :). I could then customise an animated menu, and how much of the collection is listed, and have some interactivity of the images, using shader effects.

Could you tell me how I could alter the query parameters on the pages so that they don't return the data wrapped in html? Could you point me to the docs that describe that?