Zero records in 9200312_Ag_EU_TEL_ a0544_1914-1918

Milica Knezevic

Jul 28, 2014, 6:04:20 AM7/28/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

for collection 9200312_Ag_EU_TEL_ a0544_1914-1918, the API call returns success:true, but totalResults:0, while I can read from datasets API call that there are 1645 records in this collection. What could be causing this?

Thanks,
Milica

Gordea Sergiu

Jul 28, 2014, 7:40:17 AM7/28/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Milica,

Can you please post the URL you are using for API invocation.

(You can replace the apiKey value by XXX)

BR,

Sergiu

Milica Knezevic

Jul 28, 2014, 8:30:57 AM7/28/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergiu,

I'm using http://europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=xxxx&query=europeana_collectionName:9200312_Ag_EU_TEL_%20a0544_1914-1918 and I've just realized, when copy/pasted it, that it is probably about the space, but a query on datasets http://europeana.eu/api/v2/datasets.json?wskey=xxxx gives a space in edmDatasetName

{
 "identifier": "9200312",
 "provIdentifier": "920",
 "providerName": "The European Library",
 "edmDatasetName": "9200312_Ag_EU_TEL_ a0544_1914-1918",
 "status": "Ingestion complete",
 "publishedRecords": 1645,
 "deletedRecords": 0,
 "creationDate": "2014-03-28 08:44:48"
}

so using http://europeana.eu/api/v2/search.json?wskey=xxxx&query=europeana_collectionName:"9200312_Ag_EU_TEL_ a0544_1914-1918" does solve the problem, but is it regular to have a dataset name like this one?

Thanks,
Milica

Gordea Sergiu

Jul 28, 2014, 11:06:04 AM7/28/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Milica,

Yes, the collectionNames are quite strange names, but firstly they are IDs/Keywords.

So … it is safe to use the quotes when searching by collection name.

For debugging purposes you can use also the wildcards.

Something like 9200312* or 9200312_*

(the first part of the collection name is a numeric id, still I’m not sure if this is consistent notation for all collections)

Br,

Milica Knezevic

Jul 28, 2014, 11:19:07 AM7/28/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the collectionNames are quite strange names, but firstly they are IDs/Keywords.

Yes, and that's why it seems strange to suddenly find a space character in them :)

James Morley

Aug 26, 2014, 10:47:23 AM8/26/14
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Milica

You're absoluitely right - these should not have spaces. It appears that there were about 16 datasets affected, but these will be fixed at the time of the next data update (should be by about 20 September).

In the meantime the approaches that Sergiu suggested, either using quotes or truncating to the numerical ID and a wildcard, should work fine.

Regards, James