Joining as a user of the API.

Daniel Ockeloen

Jan 6, 2015, 2:50:20 AM1/6/15
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am Daniel Ockeloen and i work for a company called Noterik. Within the company i am responsible for guiding our european projects (Euscreen, LinkedTV, Europeana-Space and Mecanex).

Some of these projects already have a working relationship with europeana in both organisational but also technical level but for Europeana Space it has become handy to create a direct interface between our platform that we use in these projects  (called Stringfield) and the europeana API.

Our interface will be limited/different since it will be aimed on a subset of questions and methods to make it faster todo quick-prototyping since that is what is needed first in the Europeana Space project (we will be doing a big hackathon in May in Amsterdam around multiscreen. The reason for this limited view is that a bigger/real interface will be developed by NTUA (uni of Athens) later this year.

We will have several developers working on this (and i assume you will see questions/remarks from them on this forum) but if there is any technical or other questions you have you can always mail/contact me. The most stable email is dan...@xs4all.nl or dan...@noterik.nl

Our code will be in java and serverbased and we will share our work on github as we always do, we use a open development method in that all our european work/code is publicly developed as we move along (we don't have any internal copies).

This week we will be doing the design work, and if people are interested i can probably give a better description of our aims next week.

Greetings and happy new year,

Daniel Ockeloen
Noterik B.V.

PS: Europeana Space like Europeana Creative also has a official role/task in Europeana Labs, Our actions are at the moment not related to that work since thats a different partner(s) in the project.