Searching by collection type using the search API

瀏覽次數:9 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Desmond Elliott

未讀,
2017年5月30日 上午10:53:482017/5/30
收件者:Europeana API forum
Hello,

I would like to retrieve search results for a specific collection, as per the user-facing Europeana search interface.

For example, http://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/collections/art?f%5BMEDIA%5D%5B%5D=true&f%5BTYPE%5D%5B%5D=IMAGE is the starting URL for manually searching through only the Art collection. It is also possible to narrow down a search to Music, Photography, etc.

I couldn't find any documentation about how to filter the search API by this type of collection. Does anyone know where I can find this documentation?

- Desmond

James Morley

未讀,
2017年5月30日 上午11:10:152017/5/30
收件者:europe...@googlegroups.com
I believe it's a request that's in the development backlog as it is something that I have asked for too :)

Now that there are even more Collections it feels like an even greater incentive to do it, but from what I have seen there are very complex queries behind these so there would certainly be performance issues to consider.

But I'll let someone else give an official response!

Best, James

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Desmond Elliott

未讀,
2017年6月6日 上午11:50:062017/6/6
收件者:Europeana API forum
Thanks James.

I'm still hoping for an official response from the Europeana API team. Do you know if they actively read this discussion forum?

- Desmond

On 30 May 2017 at 15:53, 'Desmond Elliott' via Europeana API forum <europe...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to retrieve search results for a specific collection, as per the user-facing Europeana search interface.

For example, http://www.europeana.eu/portal/en/collections/art?f%5BMEDIA%5D%5B%5D=true&f%5BTYPE%5D%5B%5D=IMAGE is the starting URL for manually searching through only the Art collection. It is also possible to narrow down a search to Music, Photography, etc.

I couldn't find any documentation about how to filter the search API by this type of collection. Does anyone know where I can find this documentation?

- Desmond

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

James Morley

未讀,
2017年6月6日 中午12:30:092017/6/6
收件者:europe...@googlegroups.com
They do, but I also know there have been some staff changes recently. I'll ping a few old colleagues there
On 6 June 2017 at 16:50, 'Desmond Elliott' via Europeana API forum <europe...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

Hugo Manguinhas

未讀,
2017年6月7日 凌晨4:02:502017/6/7
收件者:europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Desmond, James,

Thank you for your email... and sorry for the late reply!

What James explained is correct, we have in our development backlog the support for a "theme" query filter that is an alias for the queries we use to feed each Europeana Thematic Collections. We hope to have some room in the next couple of months to implement it given the increased interest that it has been receiving in the last months.

Best regards,
Hugo Manguinhas

Lara Marziali

未讀,
2017年7月19日 清晨7:50:032017/7/19
收件者:Europeana API forum
Hi!

This was exactly what I was looking for, so I hope this query filter will be developed soon :)

Thanks to all.

Lara

Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Lara Marziali

未讀,
2017年9月6日 清晨5:27:242017/9/6
收件者:Europeana API forum
Hello,

are there any news about this API improvement?

Thanks to all,

Lara

Hugo Manguinhas

未讀,
2017年11月12日 清晨6:57:162017/11/12
收件者:Europeana API forum
Dear Lara,

The implementation of this feature required the development of a Solr patch which is currently being developed but took longer than originally expected.

We will make an announcement once this feature becomes available.

Best regards,
Hugo Manguinhas
回覆所有人
回覆作者