Eureka setup

tora...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2016, 1:15:03 PM4/6/16
to eureka_netflix
Hi,
I am very new to Eureka and I am trying to setup a eureka cluster locally. I have followed the steps outlined in "https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/wiki/Running-the-Demo-Application" and the server is running.

How can I run the server locally without hosting on a tomcat web server?

How can I create a cluster locally by running eureka server in 4 machines?

It would be very helpful if someone can give the steps.

deeks....@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2016, 2:55:53 PM8/31/16
to eureka_netflix, tora...@gmail.com
You can do so by running 4 instances of Eureka Server inside Docker containers.
The example below is good enough to start with and you will not have to download or install Eureka/Tomcat on your local machine

You can either use the REST APIs if your client application is non-java which could register itself to Eureka-Servers that are running inside the docker containers. If your application is in Java then you may use Eureka-Client as is.
Hope that helps

vpr...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2018, 2:01:19 PM8/18/18
to eureka_netflix
I can't use https://hub.docker.com/r/netflixoss/eureka/ in any version.
I always receive the error:
"Step 4/9 : ADD config.properties /tomcat/webapps/eureka/WEB-INF/classes/config.properties
ADD failed: stat /var/lib/docker/tmp/docker-builder227501271/config.properties: no such file or directory"

Someone can help-me?

PS: I'm new to Eureka and Docker.

Thanks