Configuring Zuul properties to forward requests to a service instance registered to Eureka.

PP

Jul 26, 2016, 11:01:37 PM7/26/16
to eureka_netflix
I have used a eureka client (https://www.npmjs.com/package/eureka-js-client) to register to my Eureka server. I can see that my client is successfully registered on the Server on eureka's homepage (eurekaIP:port/eureka).

Now when I send a request to Zuul, doesn't the Ribbon client in Zuul, automatically figure out to which instance the request should be forwarded? In my case there is only one instance for now, so it should forward to that instance. However I see that Zuul/Ribbon is not forwarding the request to my instance.

Are there are any properties file which I have to change (Zuul's eureka-client.properties file for example), to let it know that the particular service instance exists? Also I am quite confused what the value of the VIP Address must be when a client registers with Eureka server. Is the app name is the endpoint at which Zuul sends the request to?

mgagl...@athenahealth.com

Jan 20, 2017, 11:45:08 AM1/20/17
to eureka_netflix
I have exactly the same issue. I have tried to follow the code but I have . not succeded yet in understanding where is the issue...
Message has been deleted

mailat...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2017, 6:52:28 AM8/3/17
to eureka_netflix
I am facing same issue and open a thread at StackOverflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45225151/zuul-is-unable-to-fetch-microservices-instance-list-from-eureka . Please suggest if anyone soved this issue or I am wrong in design.