Java Version

Alex Vilalta

Feb 10, 2015, 12:35:04 PM2/10/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Which version of Java is required to run Eureka? can run on Java 6?

Thanks,
Alex

Tomasz Bak

Feb 10, 2015, 12:38:34 PM2/10/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Eureka 1.x was recently upgraded to Java 7, so I would not recommend to run it on Java6 anymore.

dale.n...@nike.com

Feb 18, 2015, 7:23:41 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:38:34 AM UTC-8, Tomasz Bak wrote:
> Eureka 1.x was recently upgraded to Java 7, so I would not recommend to run it on Java6 anymore.

Our application container is running 1.6. Do you know which version is the last one before the bump to 1.7?

-Dale Newfield
dale.n...@nike.com

dale.n...@nike.com

Feb 18, 2015, 7:28:57 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
We only need eureka-client at this point if that helps lead toward a different answer...
-Dale

Tomasz Bak

Feb 18, 2015, 7:56:52 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
I do not believe we have introduced any incompatible changes with Java6 yet, so you can try using the latest version.

Newfield, Dale (ETW - Flex Resource)

Feb 18, 2015, 8:05:26 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
The latest version is compiled to 1.7 bytecode (version 51.0).
-Dale

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eureka_netflix" group.

Tomasz Bak

Feb 18, 2015, 8:16:13 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to recompile the latest code with Java 6. Looking into the past builds, I believe version 1.1.139 should be still on Java6.

Newfield, Dale (ETW - Flex Resource)

Feb 18, 2015, 8:24:07 PM2/18/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
I tried to go down that route, but I found that at least one dependency was also only available from the central repositories in 1.7 bytecode form.  I was afraid to fall any farther down that rabbit hole.

Thanks for recommending 1.1.139 — that appears to get me past this current roadblock!

jason....@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2015, 3:05:51 PM4/2/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In regards to this topic, does anyone know if Eureka is compatible with Java 8?

Thanks,

JM

Tomasz Bak

Apr 3, 2015, 3:39:24 PM4/3/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
We have never did explicit testing of Eureka with Java 8. In theory it should work.