How to tell if all necessary services registered

nick.sm...@gmail.com

May 20, 2015, 7:12:35 AM5/20/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When running our integration tests we need to stop them from executing until Eureka has all of the necessary services registered. At the moment we just issue a sleep command, but is there a more elegant way?

Thanks

Nick

Tomasz Bak

May 20, 2015, 11:23:51 AM5/20/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
To check if services are registered, use registry information itself from the discovery client. It is fetched from the server at 30sec interval. Add to this 30 sec delay for batching on the server side  + 30sec registration update interval on the client side, so the total delay for the full path is ~90sec. You can shorten those values in test.
You can also query registration status with REST (see https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/wiki/Eureka-REST-operations).