Configuring non-spring-boot eureka client deregistration to work like spring boot eureka client

Douglas Nelson

Aug 25, 2016, 6:37:20 PM8/25/16
to eureka_netflix
I've created a jax-rs web service / eureka client which registers with a running eureka server (the server is a spring boot app but the client java app isn't). Registration is working fine, but when I stop the running service in eclipse, or end it with System.exit() it doesn't deregister from the eureka server. I have a separate eureka client that's a spring-boot app, which also successfully registers with the eureka server. Stopping that eureka client app automatically deregisters the service.

How do I get that same behavior with a non-spring-boot app? I tried setting "eureka.enableSelfPreservation" with no effect. Is spring-boot calling shutdown() on the eureka client somewhere behind the scenes? Does it have something to do with heath checks or heartbeats?

There must be something that the spring-boot client is taking care of that I need to implement in mine as well.

Eureka client version: 1.4.10
Spring-Boot version: 1.3.6

Let me know if you need any more information and I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks!