problem running eureka demo in tomcat

giris...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2016, 7:43:27 PM3/16/16
to eureka_netflix
I downloaded the eureka server (war) version 1.4.3 from maven central. I then copied the eureka-server.war file to the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder.

I then ran the startup command in $TOMCAT_HOME/bin folder. The tomcat server starts up fine, I can access the webpage http://localhost:8080/

I then tried to check if the eureka-server is running by accessing the url:http://localhost:8080/eureka but this does not work.

I can see the eureka-server folder in the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder.

I then tried to add the eureka-server.properties file to the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib folder to see if it made a difference, but it did not help.

Contents of the eureka-server.properties file:

eureka.region=default
eureka.name=sampleRegisteringService
eureka.vipAddress=sampleservice.mydomain.net
eureka.port=8001
## configuration related to reaching the eureka servers
eureka.preferSameZone=true
eureka.shouldUseDns=false
eureka.serviceUrl.default=http://localhost:8080/eureka/v2/

I am using tomcat version 7.0.68

The tomcat console says "DiscoveryClient_EUREKA was unable to refresh its cache. Cannot execute request on any know server"

Any suggestions on what I am missing?

Thank You

Tomasz Bak

Mar 18, 2016, 12:04:29 PM3/18/16
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
The war file name becomes the service name in tomcat. So if you have file named eureka-server.war, try URI http://localhost:8080/eureka-server. As default configuration assumes 'eureka' as a service name, it is better to rename the war file to eureka.war.
/Tomasz

Girish Vankayala

Mar 18, 2016, 2:50:42 PM3/18/16
to eureka_netflix