VPC Deployments

Rommel Tinoco

Jul 27, 2016, 8:32:28 AM7/27/16
to eureka_netflix
Hey there

Hope you are well. We are about to deploy Eureka onto our AWS account. Are you telling me that we need to expose all of our service endpoints to the public internet? The assignment of EIP sounds like it does.

dl...@netflix.com

Jul 27, 2016, 11:08:34 AM7/27/16
to eureka_netflix
Hi,

Eureka support other forms of fixed addresses. such as ENI and Route53 DNS (which in EC2 vpc can be private). In all cases (EIP or otherwise) you can secure your service with Security Groups.

See https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/blob/master/eureka-core/src/main/java/com/netflix/eureka/DefaultEurekaServerConfig.java#L664 where you can supply the binding strategy via eureka.awsBindingStrategy=...

Thanks.