Eureka for Zuul

Prithviraj Chauhan

Sep 13, 2013, 6:33:35 AM9/13/13
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I am trying to deploy Eureka for Zuul- the edge service for dynamic routing and monitoring. (https://github.com/Netflix/zuul)
The zuul config properties file requires me to enter the Eureka service URL details. Below is the snippet from the properties file.
# Eureka instance URL which will provide info about your applications and nodes
eureka.serviceUrl.default=

Has anyone tried doing this recently? If my Eureka server is running on a machine "hostABC" on Tomcat port 80, should I use http://hostABC/ or it should be http://hostABC/eureka/v2/?
Also, I am trying to understand the answer, so please elaborate!

-Prithvi.

Karthikeyan Ranganathan

Sep 13, 2013, 7:26:32 PM9/13/13
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
It will be the latter (ie)  http://hostABC/eureka/v2/.

Prithviraj Chauhan

Sep 17, 2013, 8:58:23 AM9/17/13
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthik,
Further to below question, I was trying to set up a scenario per the attached image.

As the zuul is the routing engine here, it should receive all the requests from client 1 and client 2.
Now, how will be the integration between Eureka and Zuul look like?
I am also attaching the properties file from zuul project for your reference.

-Prithvi.
zuul.properties

Vikash Dat

Jun 5, 2015, 9:57:22 AM6/5/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com, cprit...@gmail.com
Your filters for Zuul would use the Eureka client to discover services then can route to those services.