LOG Level, not working

gabrielq...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 1:22:07 PM10/8/15
to eureka_netflix
I'm trying to set the log level of the eureka-server-war, I already tried with the log4j properties file but it didn't work. Also I added this property log4j.appender.stdout.File=${CATALINA_HOME}/logs/catalina.out but same result. The application still send DEBUG level of logs, when i have everything seted in ERROR.

Tomasz Bak

Oct 8, 2015, 3:10:27 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
The default log level in eureka.war is set to INFO, and this is what I am getting when running it in tomcat.
Can you tell me which version of eureka you are running, and which servlet container?

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 10:22 AM, <gabrielq...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to set the log level of the eureka-server-war, I already tried with the log4j properties file but it didn't work. Also I added this property log4j.appender.stdout.File=${CATALINA_HOME}/logs/catalina.out but same result. The application still send DEBUG level of logs, when i have everything seted in ERROR.

gabrielq...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 3:16:39 PM10/8/15
to eureka_netflix
eureka-client-1.1.150 that's the client version that is causing the problems and tomcat 7.

Tomasz Bak

Oct 8, 2015, 3:18:47 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
That is very old version. Could you upgrade to the latest release (1.2.5), and verify it the problem is still there?

gabrielq...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 4:26:24 PM10/8/15
to eureka_netflix
Getting the same error. Even when i set the log level to ERROR i got this:

20:25:38,416 DEBUG [headers] << HTTP/1.1 200 OK
20:25:38,416 DEBUG [headers] << Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
20:25:38,416 DEBUG [headers] << Content-Encoding: gzip
20:25:38,417 DEBUG [headers] << Vary: Accept-Encoding
20:25:38,417 DEBUG [headers] << Content-Type: application/json
20:25:38,417 DEBUG [headers] << Content-Length: 543
20:25:38,417 DEBUG [headers] << Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 20:25:38 GMT
20:25:38,417 DEBUG [DefaultHttpClient] Connection can be kept alive indefinitely

Tomasz Bak

Oct 8, 2015, 4:46:13 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
I have just run eureka-server:1.2.5 on a fresh tomcat7 installation, and I am not getting any DEBUG logs. You must have something in your environment. Can you make a new, isolated deployment?

Gabriel Quijada

Oct 8, 2015, 4:47:55 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com

In an isolated deployment will not happen, the discovery client is sending hearthnreaths and causing those logs. It just happena in those moments with the http request

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eureka_netflix" group.

Tomasz Bak

Oct 8, 2015, 5:07:07 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
So this is apache http client logging, which is using commons-logging. Maybe it is not being bridge to log4j for some reason?

Gabriel Quijada

Oct 8, 2015, 5:21:37 PM10/8/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com

Log4j file is considered, even it appears as succesfully read on catalina.out with error log, but there is some portion of code that is not using that.