What does eureka client do after changing the eureka server to talk to?

somh...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2016, 4:59:24 AM3/20/16
to eureka_netflix
I'm learning about communication between eureka client and eureka server.

The document on wiki says if eureka client can't communicate with one eureka server in same zone, it will select a server in other zones and try to communicate with it.

So here is my question. Assume I have registered a service with eureka client successfully, then the eureka server in the same zone fails.
Will eureka client register the service again on the new eureka server it failover to?
Or will eureka client send 'renew' to the new eureka server it failover to?

Thank you.

dl...@netflix.com

Mar 22, 2016, 8:09:27 PM3/22/16
to eureka_netflix
Hi Tong,

On a failover, an instance should in most cases transition to a renew on a different server. Due to various eventual consistent scenarios, this may or may not result in a new register with a different server. From querying clients, all of these should be transparent however.

Thanks