Eureka 2.0 REST API and DNS configuration

zach...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 9:24:23 AM5/6/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm working a lot with Eureka 1.x and I'm very satisfied. My plan is to upgrade to Eureka 2.0 soon.

My questions are:

1. Eureka 2.0 REST APIs - I've a non-java service that uses the Eureka 1.0 REST APIs. What are the Eureka 2.0 REST APIs ? Are the APIs the same as the Eureka 1.x APIs ?

2. DNS Configuration - Eureka 1.x uses DNS txt records to define the servers for each Region and Availability Zone (Region --> AZ --> Servers). Is it the same in Eureka 2.0 ? If not, how do I need to configure the DNS for eureka clients ?

Thanks a lot,

-- Idan

Tomasz Bak

May 6, 2015, 10:27:25 AM5/6/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
As of now Eureka2 supports only binary protocol between the client and server that is based on Avro with custom framing mechanism. We plan to add an open protocol, probably based on JSON and HTTP2/WebSocket later. This limits current Eureka2 usage to Java clients only.
Eureka2 comes with ServerResolver abstraction for discovering write/read cluster nodes. One of the default implementations reads DNS records, including Eureka1 style txt records. Zone awareness is not implemented, but I can imagine this as a composition of simple DNS resolver with client discovered zone information.
/Tomasz