Eureka 2.0 Architecture and running instructions?

sanjayv...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2014, 8:58:09 PM12/3/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I could not help but notice that a 2.0.0-DP3 is available. I was not able to find any supporting architectural or usage documentation on the same. I apologize if my request is premature, but if there is any details you can provide on the architecture and running the application, it would be really helpful.

We are looking at Eureka for a service registry/discovery solution and as our adoption plan is gradual, we don't see a reason to use the 1.X version and would be glad to help with early adoption of the 2.X and help with ironing out issues any way we can.

Thanks,
Sanjay

Tomasz Bak

Dec 4, 2014, 12:25:26 PM12/4/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sanjay,
Current release is a developer preview and is not suitable yet for production and even testing deployment, as all APIs may change at any time. We plan to have first release candidate in the beginning of January, so just a few weeks from now. Prior to that we will compile some Wiki pages explaining the architecture, and the design goals. If you are willing the take the risk, and start with eureka 2.0 RC, that is great but it is still a few weeks ahead.
Regards,
Tomasz

Sanjay Acharya

Dec 4, 2014, 1:37:45 PM12/4/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tomasz

Thank you for your response. Eagerly waiting for the 2.0 R.C. We will give that a whirl.

Thanks
Sanjay

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eureka_netflix" group.

pik...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2014, 7:28:34 PM12/10/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
I am also eagerly awaiting Eureka 2.0. It would be great if you could post updated prior to the RC, so that we can begin preparing for the changes.

Tomasz Bak

Dec 11, 2014, 1:42:24 AM12/11/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
We will work on some wiki content next week, starting with the architecture/design goals.

sanjayv...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2015, 9:08:51 PM1/12/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com, sanjayv...@gmail.com
Was nice to see the high level architectural diagrams. Can we expect a document describing how to get started soon? Thanks and exciting stuff.

tomasz...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2015, 12:27:07 PM1/13/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com, sanjayv...@gmail.com
We are preparing for RC1 release this or next week. Together with that we will write some wikis describing how to use Eureka 2.0.