Using Eureka2 Client from Maven: Interests class not found?

Laird Nelson

Nov 7, 2016, 5:17:07 PM11/7/16
to eureka_netflix
Hello; I am attempting to use the eureka2-client 2.0.0rc2 dependency from Maven (http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Ccom.netflix.eureka%7Ceureka2-client%7C2.0.0-rc.2%7Cjar).

When I write code against this, one of the things I'd like to do is use the com.netflix.eureka2.model.interest.Interests class.

It is not found when this dependency is included in compile scope.

It seems to be part of a project named eureka2-api (https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/tree/2.x/eureka2-api), but this artifact is not found in Maven Central (http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ceureka2-api).

The sample application referenced in the Netflix documentation does not mention having to have any further dependencies other than eureka2-client (https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/wiki/Eureka-2.0-Client-Configuration-And-Use).

What must I do to be able to use the Interests class?

Best,
Laird

Laird Nelson

Nov 7, 2016, 5:32:08 PM11/7/16
to eureka_netflix
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 2:17:07 PM UTC-8, Laird Nelson wrote:
Hello; I am attempting to use the eureka2-client 2.0.0rc2 dependency from Maven (http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Ccom.netflix.eureka%7Ceureka2-client%7C2.0.0-rc.2%7Cjar).

When I write code against this, one of the things I'd like to do is use the com.netflix.eureka2.model.interest.Interests class.

It is not found when this dependency is included in compile scope.

Sorry, should have been clear: the eureka2-client dependency does not contain this class.  Nor does eureka2-core.  It is not immediately obvious what additional dependency I need, given that documentation does not specify that any others are required.

Best,
Laird

dl...@netflix.com

Nov 7, 2016, 8:43:53 PM11/7/16
to eureka_netflix
Hi Laird,

(We will update the 2.x branch readme) The existing eureka 2.x branch is in an archived state as we have changed some of our expectations and are working on things internally for now.

Thanks,

Laird Nelson

Nov 8, 2016, 1:36:56 AM11/8/16
to eureka_netflix
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 5:43:53 PM UTC-8, dl...@netflix.com wrote:
(We will update the 2.x branch readme) The existing eureka 2.x branch is in an archived state as we have changed some of our expectations and are working on things internally for now.

Thanks for the reply.  I assume I should use eureka-client then (http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Ccom.netflix.eureka%7Ceureka-client%7C1.6.0%7Cjar).

Best,
Laird

dl...@netflix.com

Nov 8, 2016, 3:39:19 PM11/8/16
to eureka_netflix
Either eureka-client.jar or eureka-client-archaius2.jar would be the recommended client to use. (the -archaius2 version uses an updated config system, archaius2 instead of archaius1).
Message has been deleted