Multiple Eureka servers with different set of registered services

Guillaume Forget

Sep 28, 2015, 10:35:58 PM9/28/15
to eureka_netflix
Hello,

I'm just starting to work with Eureka and I was wondering how it is used for local deployments. If you are working in an application with many services, I would imagine that developers will not have all the services running locally but instead they will have a few running locally while using some shared services available for development purposes. Ideally I would imagine that the developers would have a local service registry that they run for their local services and a different service registry for the shared services and then the client would check the local registry first and then fallback on the shared one.

Reading the documentation and the examples, I didn't see a way to do this. Did I miss something? Is this a functionality that I would have to build myself in a client?

Thank you

Tomasz Bak

Sep 29, 2015, 1:23:36 AM9/29/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
There are multiple Eureka deployments possible. All depends on your services arrangement. The separation into test / production is probably a good starting point. Unless you have >10k servers, one Eureka cluster should be enough for all your needs. Separation into multiple clusters would make sense if you run your services in many regions.

erik....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017, 7:44:43 AM1/29/17
to eureka_netflix
And so ?