Ribbon With Eureka in Spring Boot Ask

ankit.ba...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2018, 2:16:01 AM1/18/18
to eureka_netflix
I want to know about the flow of working on Eureka and Ribbon together.

a) When ribbon is used without eureka, it keeps serverList. But while using eureka,it fetches the serverList from Eureka. But when does ribbon fetches this data? on start-up or on every request or on after some regular interval?

b) what happens when a service instance is added? how does ribbon gets yo know about it.

c) How does Eureka Server keeps tracks of instances. Does instances send heartbeat or does Eureka Poll them?.

d) How does Eureka know when one instance of service dies.?

e) How does ribbon keeps tracks of instances.?

Basically I want to know complete internals of Eureka and Ribbon. Also If anyone can provide links related to this.

dream...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2018, 2:38:51 AM7/6/18
to eureka_netflix
a)  Ribbon fetch serverList  from CloudEurekaClient.getInstancesByVipAddress on every request.
b)  After a service instanced added, it register its instance information to eureka server. CloudEurekaClient fetch eureka application inforamtion from eureka server periodically.
c)  Every instances periodically send heartbeat message to Eureka.
d)  When an instances send unregister message or did not send heatbeat after a specific time, Eureka will regard it as dies or down status.
e) Similar to b)

在 2018年1月18日星期四 UTC+8下午3:16:01,ankit.ba...@gmail.com写道: