Config questions, v1.1.151

to...@telegraphics.com.au

May 9, 2015, 7:42:24 PM5/9/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've checked out the Eureka v1.1.151 tag, built the war and deployed locally:

  $  gradle build

  $  cp eureka-server/build/libs/eureka-server-1.1.152-SNAPSHOT.war /usr/local/opt/tomcat/libexec/webapps/eureka.war

  $  /usr/local/opt/tomcat/libexec/bin/catalina.sh start

It's running fine and I can browse to http://localhost:8080/eureka/

What I'm confused about is why the example service URL's in eureka-client-*.properties look like this:

eureka.serviceUrl.us-east-1c=http://ec2-552-627-568-165.compute-1.amazonaws.com:7001/discovery/v2/

I understand that "ec2-552-627-568-165.compute-1.amazonaws.com" is the public DNS name corresponding to the Elastic IP that is dedicated to Eureka when on AWS (which is my deployment plan). But why port 7001 and what is the correct path? Neither port 7001, nor discovery nor discovery/v2 are served in my local v1 deployment.

What is the correct setting here?

--Toby

to...@telegraphics.com.au

May 9, 2015, 11:16:48 PM5/9/15
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Follow-up to myself. After a few more hours of experimentation I cannot get a client configuration for eureka-server that will work correctly locally. Does anyone have a set of valid client configuration files for v1.1.151 for local testing or can explain what the correct parameters are? I suspect one of the problems is with eureka.serviceUrl.* but I cannot deduce the correct value short of fully reading and understanding the source code (maybe I'll have to do that?)

Assuming:
  • using code tagged v1.1.151
  • default Tomcat port 8080 setup
  • eureka.region=default