Is Eureka 2.0 getting close?

jwb...@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 1:49:53 PM5/5/16
to eureka_netflix
Hi!

We're evaluating Eureka and I wonder whether we should be looking at 2.0 or 1.4. Our initial deployment will be this summer, but we won't be starting to scale it up until the end of the year.

In that time frame, does it make sense for us to be working with 2.0? We are likely to want to use Prana around the end of the year. How soon is that likely to be available for Eureka 2.0?

Thanks!
John Bito
Principal SDE
Zillow

dl...@netflix.com

May 5, 2016, 9:18:16 PM5/5/16
to eureka_netflix, jwb...@gmail.com
Hi,

We are trying a few different things with the approach of eureka2 internally. The current OSS work is mostly focused on the server side, whereas internally we are playing with different representations of the data model so that it best represent a more future facing, multi-platform environment going forward. Unfortunately we can't give a firm timeline on the completion of these yet, so I would say for a production ready eureka, 1.4 would be the one to use for now. Internally, when we do start to migrate, we will have to build compatibility proxies to ease the migration, and those should also make it to open source also.

Thanks

jwb...@gmail.com

May 6, 2016, 12:35:27 PM5/6/16
to eureka_netflix
Thanks for the quick response! We may take a low-investment interim approach to tide us over until the new technology is available.