Failed to resolve artifact following the "build-and-run" guide

codeBusters.es

Feb 3, 2011, 8:50:14 AM2/3/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Hello all,

I am in the process to evaluate different social network frameworks
for a customer project and after trying the demo I am looking forward
to play around with Eureka Streams which looks very promising.

However I was not able to build the TRUNK version which I got from
git. As open source dev I tend to use the trunk version when
developing a customer project.

After checkout of the sources (TRUNK) I added all libs from $EUREKA/
lib to my local maven rep and tried the mvn install route but it
failed because of other missing artifacts which I could not find in
the lib dir.

1) net.sf.gilead:adapter-core:jar:1.2.0
2) org.codehaus.spring-security-oauth:spring-security-oauth:jar:3.19-
ES
3) org.apache.shindig:shindig-server:war:2.0.1.2
4) com.noelios.restlet:com.noelios.restlet:jar:1.1.4
5) net.sf.gilead:adapter4gwt:jar:1.2.0
6) org.restlet:org.restlet:jar:1.1.4
7) com.noelios.restlet:com.noelios.restlet.ext.jetty:jar:1.1.4
8) org.apache.shindig:shindig-social-api:jar:2.0.1.2
9) org.restlet:org.restlet.ext.spring:jar:1.1.4
10) org.apache.shindig:shindig-common:jar:2.0.1.2
11) com.noelios.restlet:com.noelios.restlet.ext.servlet:jar:1.1.4
12) org.apache.shindig:shindig-gadgets:jar:2.0.1.2
13) com.noelios.restlet:com.noelios.restlet.ext.spring:jar:1.1.4

How can build the TRUNK version or alternative which version should I
test/develop against.

codeBusters.es

Feb 7, 2011, 11:06:21 AM2/7/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Hmm, since nobody could provide some input I was trying version
0.9.6.

However I always stumble over build.gadget.shindig.version=2.0.1.2 but
I cannot find this version in the lib folder.

Please point me to a working version which I can test.

salu2

Blake Caldwell

Feb 23, 2011, 2:59:25 PM2/23/11
to Eureka Streams Development
We're working on cleaning up dependencies - hopefully we'll have some
more info on this shortly

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 24, 2011, 4:00:06 AM2/24/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 11:59 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:
> We're working on cleaning up dependencies - hopefully we'll have some
> more info on this shortly

Thanks for the info.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Blake Caldwell

Feb 24, 2011, 4:20:45 PM2/24/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thorsten -

Rob just updated our maven repository to include everything you should
need:
http://groups.google.com/group/eureka-streams-dev/browse_thread/thread/11da6aecf5c2007

Can you try it out on the head revision and let me know if it works?

Thorsten Scherler

Mar 2, 2011, 11:40:19 AM3/2/11
On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 13:20 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:
> Thorsten -
>
> Rob just updated our maven repository to include everything you should
> need:
> http://groups.google.com/group/eureka-streams-dev/browse_thread/thread/11da6aecf5c2007
>
> Can you try it out on the head revision and let me know if it works?

I just cloned HEAD again and the dependencies are now resolved without
problems. However changing again to the web folder and running

mvn jetty:run -Dopenaccess-security -DskipTests=true -Dlog.home=
$HOME/logs -Denv.WEBPORT=8080 -Denv.GRWEBPORT=8081

I get an exception (see DETAILS-OF-BUG). However I found the root cause
in 2 different versions of spring in the lib folder of web-inf

Do
ls target/ROOT/org.eurekastreams.web.Application/WEB-INF/lib|grep
spring|grep 2.0.8

and you will get two offending libs. When I removed this libs it starts
well. I attached a patch to exclude the offending libs in the pom which
I found reviewing the dep tree.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me a helping hand.

BTW I found some other bugs starting up the app but I will come to them
in another thread.

****DETAILS-OF-BUG*****
It starts with an info and then starting jetty I get an exception:
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.jboss.javaee:jboss-jca-api:pom:1.5.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository
jboss-snapshots (http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2)
[WARNING] POM for 'net.sf.gilead:gilead4gwt:pom:1.3.2:compile' is
invalid.

Its dependencies (if any) will NOT be available to the current build.

INFO: An exception was caught and reported. Message:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)V
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath:/org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]
Offending resource: URL
[file:/home/thorsten/src/apache/opensocialplattforms/eurekastreams/web/target/ROOT/org.eurekastreams.web.Application/WEB-INF/classes/conf/applicationContext-container.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)V
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested
exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)V
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:420)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:174)
... 65 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)V
at
org.springframework.transaction.config.AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser$AopAutoProxyConfigurer.configureAutoProxyCreator(AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.java:109)
at
2011-03-02 16:37:11.192:WARN::Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@204144{/,file:/home/thorsten/src/apache/opensocialplattforms/eurekastreams/web/target/ROOT/org.eurekastreams.web.Application/;jar:file:/home/thorsten/.m2/repository/org/apache/shindig/shindig-server/2.0.1.2/shindig-server-2.0.1.2.war!/;}
com.google.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:||1) No
implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was
bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory|
for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:85)||2) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:89)||3) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:97)||4) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:75)||5) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:99)||6) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:77)||7) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:79)||8) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:87)||9) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:83)||10) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:95)||11) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:81)||12) No implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:93)||13) An exception was caught and reported. Message: Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location [classpath:/org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]|Offending resource: URL [file:/home/thorsten/src/apache/opensocialplattforms/eurekastreams/web/target/ROOT/org.eurekastreams.web.Application/WEB-INF/classes/conf/applicationContext-container.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource [org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/Element;)V| at com.google.inject.InjectorShell$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:135)||14) No implementation for org.eurekastreams.commons.server.service.ActionController was bound.| while locating org.eurekastreams.commons.server.service.ActionController| for field at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.gadgets.oauth.OAuthStoreImpl.actionController(OAuthStoreImpl.java:108)| at org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:71)||14 errors
at
com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:354)

patch

codeBusters.es

Mar 2, 2011, 11:56:03 AM3/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I just saw that there is a typo in the patch!

The artifactId contains a ":jar" which does not belong there.

salu2

On Mar 2, 5:40 pm, Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 13:20 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:
> > Thorsten -
>
> > Rob just updated our maven repository to include everything you should
> > need:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/eureka-streams-dev/browse_thread/threa...
>
> read more »
>
>  patch
> 2KViewDownload

Thorsten Scherler

Mar 2, 2011, 11:58:08 AM3/2/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Here is the updated patch

salu2

--

patch

Blake Caldwell

Mar 2, 2011, 12:29:23 PM3/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thanks Thorsten - we're looking into it as we're upgrading point
releases of our major dependencies.

much appreciated

Blake Caldwell

Mar 2, 2011, 12:35:39 PM3/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I just checked, and I'm not seeing two versions of Spring. Here's
what I see, grepping on 'spring'

ls | grep -i spring | sort

com.noelios.restlet.ext.spring-1.1.4.jar
guice-spring-2.0.jar
org.restlet.ext.spring-1.1.4.jar
spring-2.5.6.jar
spring-aop-2.0.8.jar
spring-beans-2.5.6.jar
spring-context-2.5.6.jar
spring-context-support-2.5.6.jar
spring-core-2.5.6.jar
spring-jms-2.5.6.jar
spring-ldap-core-1.3.0.RELEASE.jar
spring-security-core-2.0.4.jar
spring-security-oauth-3.19-ES.jar
spring-support-2.0.8.jar
spring-test-2.5.6.jar
spring-tx-2.5.6.jar
spring-web-2.5.6.jar
spring-webmvc-2.5.6.jar

On Mar 2, 11:40 am, Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 13:20 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:
> > Thorsten -
>
> > Rob just updated our maven repository to include everything you should
> > need:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/eureka-streams-dev/browse_thread/threa...

Blake Caldwell

Mar 2, 2011, 12:41:48 PM3/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thorsten -

I'll let ya know when we update the point releases so you can try
again with the new libraries. We're working on it right now.

Thorsten Scherler

Mar 2, 2011, 5:19:57 PM3/2/11
On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 09:35 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:
> I just checked, and I'm not seeing two versions of Spring. Here's
> what I see, grepping on 'spring'
>
> ls | grep -i spring | sort
>
> com.noelios.restlet.ext.spring-1.1.4.jar
> guice-spring-2.0.jar
> org.restlet.ext.spring-1.1.4.jar
> spring-2.5.6.jar
> spring-aop-2.0.8.jar

that one

> spring-beans-2.5.6.jar
> spring-context-2.5.6.jar
> spring-context-support-2.5.6.jar
> spring-core-2.5.6.jar
> spring-jms-2.5.6.jar
> spring-ldap-core-1.3.0.RELEASE.jar
> spring-security-core-2.0.4.jar
> spring-security-oauth-3.19-ES.jar
> spring-support-2.0.8.jar

that one too

I have not being very precise since there is no corresponding 2.5.6
version for those libs, but this two caused for me the reported error.

salu2

Blake Caldwell

Mar 2, 2011, 8:50:29 PM3/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
spring-aop-2.0.8.jar and spring-support-2.0.8.jar? They're
conflicting?

We just upgraded Spring today to the latest point release (not 3.0) on
our master branch - want to try again?