new install attempt , new error please help

TANATHOS

May 1, 2011, 9:06:44 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Error while executing forked tests.; nested exception is
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineException:
Error setting up environmental variables

java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot allocate memory

this time I thought I had it right .....no more options.

Rob Keane

May 1, 2011, 9:35:16 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development
You may need to increase the amount of memory available to maven.

This site has details:
http://vikashazrati.wordpress.com/2007/07/26/quicktip-how-to-increase-the-java-heap-memory-for-maven-2-on-linux/

TANATHOS

May 1, 2011, 9:42:02 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development
It's a vps and I just added another gig so now I am trying with 2
Gigs.

On May 2, 3:35 am, Rob Keane <rob.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You may need to increase the amount of memory available to maven.
>
> This site has details:http://vikashazrati.wordpress.com/2007/07/26/quicktip-how-to-increase...

TANATHOS

May 1, 2011, 9:59:30 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I just did export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx2048" with two gigs of ram let's
hope it will work

TANATHOS

May 1, 2011, 10:07:28 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development

this is what I am getting now

TANATHOS

May 1, 2011, 10:26:09 PM5/1/11
to Eureka Streams Development
failed with two gigs of ram ..... hmmmm

TANATHOS

May 2, 2011, 5:39:18 AM5/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
loos like maven needs some contiguos blocks of memory in order to
build the app and actually the MAVEN_OPTS needs to be equal to
privvmpages (don't know why but it looks like a common problem under
openvz)

after figuring everything out, and testing the install on various
linux distros here is my final error

-gen /opt/eure kastreams/web/
target/.generated -logLevel INFO -style PRETTY -war /opt/eurekastreams/
web/target/ROOT -localWorkers 1 -extra /opt/
eu rekastreams/web/target/extra -
compileReport org.eurekastreams.web.Application
]] failed with status 1

is there anyone out who can explain why every mvn install fails ?
considering that I tried with newest version software and the version
on the website, have paths .... and still not one succsefull install

chrismarx

May 2, 2011, 9:50:03 AM5/2/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
yeah, i got that too, for me, it was the google web toolkit compiler that was causing the outofmemory exception. i did 2 things,

  1. set the default gwt module to the dev module, and specify only 1 browser to build for (which ever one you're testing with), this is done with the build.gwt.modulename setting, it default to org.eurekastreams.web.Application, change it to org.eurekastreams.web.ApplicationDev, and then in the applicationdev module, include just one of the browsers to compile for (in my case chrome):

                      <set-property name="user.agent" value="safari"/>

  2. i incresed the memory settings in the gwt-maven-plugin in the eurekastreams-web pom.xml, with the jvm startup flags. changing the maven_opts had no effect. I put this in the plugin config
                          <configuration>
                            <module>${build.gwt.modulename}</module>
                            <logLevel>INFO</logLevel>
                            <extraJvmArgs>-Xms1124m -Xmx1124m -Xss24m</extraJvmArgs>

          make sure there's at least that much memory free when the job begins.

TANATHOS

May 2, 2011, 12:04:52 PM5/2/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
I figured that out , MAVEN_OPTS and the memory setting in the vps is the problem, the issue is solved but now mvn install return error 1 ... dunno why

TANATHOS

May 2, 2011, 5:26:30 PM5/2/11
to Eureka Streams Development
[INFO] [ERROR] Stack overflow; to increase the stack size, use the -
Xss flag at startup (java -Xss1M ...)
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

and yes I tried all the combinations

either I am doing something wrong
either there is an infinite loop
either some heavy recursing .....

please someone let it be kind enough to explain if there are any
requirements or some steps that I am missing (besides dependencies and
paths)

thanks in advance

exboy1

May 3, 2011, 12:28:33 AM5/3/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Am also stuck with the same error. I have tried including -Xss10m in
the MAVEN_OPTS environmental variable to no avail. I even tried the
compileArgument property in the pom.xml file, but that didn't work
either.

On May 2, 9:26 pm, TANATHOS <usu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [INFO]    [ERROR]Stackoverflow; to increase thestacksize, use the -

exboy1

May 3, 2011, 1:17:43 AM5/3/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I was able to resolve the error by following the direction chrismarx
gave. i.e. set -Xss in the extraJvmArgs property of the web/pom.xml.
Though I had to set it in two different places in the web/pom.xml
file.

TANATHOS

May 3, 2011, 6:15:20 AM5/3/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I have set all that too and now I am getting some other strange thing

[INFO] [checkstyle:checkstyle {execution: default}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An error has occurred in Checkstyle report generation.

Embedded error: There are 866 checkstyle errors.

Checkstyle reoprt generation error ......

TANATHOS

May 3, 2011, 9:08:41 AM5/3/11
to Eureka Streams Development
hi everybody and welcome to a succesfull build, exboy1 in order to get
past the checstyle error you need to comment out maven-checkstyle-
plugin (thanks chrismarx for that) in /eurekastreams/pom.xml (parent
folder) by the way commenting in .xml files is done with <!-- --> just
in case

I have the file built and it starts but the problem now is that after
listening to 0.0.0.0:8080 when I open the browser it says
2011-05-03 06:06:03.785:INFO::Started
SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:8080
2011-05-03 06:06:03.787:INFO::Started
SelectChann...@0.0.0.0:8081
[INFO] Started Jetty Server
but I cannot connect to it service unavailable / Powered by Jetty

Kiss Alexander

May 3, 2011, 9:17:41 AM5/3/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
I wrote in the dev group how to get past that error .... but now I have another one maybe tonight we will figure it out
alex

exboy1

May 4, 2011, 3:50:59 AM5/4/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Hi TANATHOS, I changed the failsOnError property to false and the
build was successful. However, am getting a lot of Exceptions when i
try to start Jetty and also, the Service unavailable from the browser.
I would like to know if you have been able to resolve your.

On May 3, 1:08 pm, TANATHOS <usu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi everybody and welcome to a succesfull build, exboy1 in order to get
> past the checstyle error you need to comment out maven-checkstyle-
> plugin (thanks chrismarx for that) in /eurekastreams/pom.xml (parent
> folder) by the way commenting in .xml files is done with <!-- --> just
> in case
>
> I have the file built and it starts but the problem now is that after
> listening to 0.0.0.0:8080 when I open the browser it says
> 2011-05-03 06:06:03.785:INFO::Started
> SelectChannelConnec...@0.0.0.0:8080
> 2011-05-03 06:06:03.787:INFO::Started
> SelectChannelConnec...@0.0.0.0:8081

Alexandru Kiss

May 4, 2011, 4:29:21 AM5/4/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi exboy, after looking into it I had a sucessfull build myself and it
starts with lots of exceptions but i still have the same problem service
unavailable
now th thing is that we are using git clone which means we are using the
last version and we actually should use 1.0.2 today I will tr with the
1.0.2 version

alex

exboy1

May 4, 2011, 6:48:29 AM5/4/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thanks Alexandru. However, on github, the latest version listed is
still 0.9.6.

Alexandru Kiss

May 4, 2011, 8:35:02 AM5/4/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
actually the master is on 1.0.2 I think , I am trying now to make
another install and I am screrning it if it works I will have the
working script install and give it to you

another 1 hour

exboy1

May 5, 2011, 4:08:12 AM5/5/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thanks in advance.

On May 4, 1:35 pm, Alexandru Kiss <usu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Il 5/4/2011 12:48 PM,exboy1ha scritto:> Thanks Alexandru. However, on github, the latest version listed is

exboy1

May 5, 2011, 4:54:01 AM5/5/11
to Eureka Streams Development
hi everyone, I able to successfully build version 1.0.2. However,
whenever I start jetty I get the following exception even though I
configured the database as described in the installation guide.

SEVERE: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "eurekastreams")
2011-05-05 01:46:51.617:WARN::/
javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:
614)
at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:76)
at
57)
at
43)
at org.springframework.orm.jpa.SharedEntityManagerCreator
$DeferredQueryInvocationHandler.invoke(SharedEntityManagerCreator.java:
247)
at $Proxy85.getResultList(Unknown Source)
at
org.eurekastreams.server.persistence.mappers.GetRootOrganizationIdAndShortName.fetchRootOrg(GetRootOrganizationIdAndShortName.java:
82)
at
org.eurekastreams.server.persistence.mappers.GetRootOrganizationIdAndShortName.getRootOrganizationId(GetRootOrganizationIdAndShortName.java:
54)
at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.filters.RootOrgCheckFilter.doFilter(RootOrgCheckFilter.java:
64)

Rob Keane

May 5, 2011, 8:25:44 AM5/5/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Typically that error will indicate a problem with your postgres
configuration.

See: SEVERE: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "eurekastreams")

This post has some details that may be relevant:
http://www.jeevanchaaya.com/2009/05/24/postgres-ident-authentication-failure-the-whys-and-the-wherefores/

I will try to expand on this later, but just wanted to point you in
what I hope is the right direction first.

TANATHOS

May 5, 2011, 8:30:18 AM5/5/11
to Eureka Streams Development
as in he should change the postgresql conf file drom sameuser to
trust?

then this is the command to run
sed -i 's/\(^[^#].*\)ident sameuser/\1 trust sameuser/' $file
where $file is /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

cheers

exboy1

May 5, 2011, 2:58:29 PM5/5/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Special thanks everyone, I was able to get it working by editing the
pg_hba.conf file TANATHOS mentioned.
Thank you all.

exboy1

May 15, 2011, 8:05:24 AM5/15/11
to Eureka Streams Development
hi everyone.

After playing around with ES, I tried re-building it from scratch.
However, whenever, I run mvn jetty:run, I get tons of exceptions. Any
help will be highly appreciated. The stacktrace is below

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/
springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/
Element;)V
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException:
Configuration problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL
location [classpath:/org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-
model.xml]
Offending resource: URL [file:/Users/coder/eu/web/target/ROOT/eureka/
WEB-INF/classes/conf/applicationContext-container.xml]; nested
exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested
exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/
springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/
Element;)V
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:
68)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:
85)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:
76)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.importBeanDefinitionResource(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
182)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseDefaultElement(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
147)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
132)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
92)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
507)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
398)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
342)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
310)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:
143)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:
178)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:
149)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:
212)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:
113)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:
80)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:
123)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:
422)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:
352)
at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:
139)
at
org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:
83)
at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.core.config.SpringContextGuiceModule.configure(SpringContextGuiceModule.java:
44)
at com.google.inject.AbstractModule.configure(AbstractModule.java:59)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements
$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:223)
at com.google.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:101)
at com.google.inject.InjectorShell$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:
135)
at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:102)
at com.google.inject.Guice.createInjector(Guice.java:92)
at
org.apache.shindig.common.servlet.GuiceServletContextListener.contextInitialized(GuiceServletContextListener.java:
73)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:
549)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:136)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:
1282)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:
518)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:
499)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.doStart(Jetty6PluginWebAppContext.java:
115)
at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
50)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:
152)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:
156)
at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
50)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:
152)
at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
50)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:
130)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:224)
at
org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:
50)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginServer.start(Jetty6PluginServer.java:
132)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.startJetty(AbstractJettyMojo.java:
454)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyMojo.execute(AbstractJettyMojo.java:
396)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.AbstractJettyRunMojo.execute(AbstractJettyRunMojo.java:
210)
at org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6RunMojo.execute(Jetty6RunMojo.java:
184)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
107)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
209)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
153)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
145)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
84)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
59)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:
183)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:
161)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:319)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
290)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:
230)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
409)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
352)
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested
exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/
springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/
Element;)V
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
420)
[...]
174)
... 67 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/
springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/
Element;)V
at
org.springframework.transaction.config.AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser
$AopAutoProxyConfigurer.configureAutoProxyCreator(AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.java:
106)
at
org.springframework.transaction.config.AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AnnotationDrivenBeanDefinitionParser.java:
79)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:
69)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:
1297)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:
1287)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
135)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:
92)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
507)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:
398)
... 72 more
2011-05-15 13:01:06.679:WARN::Failed startup of context
org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@3547c327{/,file:/
Users/coder/eu/web/target/ROOT/eureka/;jar:file:/Users/coder/.m2/
repository/org/apache/shindig/shindig-server/2.0.1.3/shindig-
server-2.0.1.3.war!/;}
com.google.inject.CreationException: Guice creation errors:||1) No
implementation for org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was
bound.| while locating
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for parameter 0 at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
95)||2) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
85)||3) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
89)||4) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
99)||5) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
77)||6) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
81)||7) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
79)||8) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
75)||9) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
87)||10) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
83)||11) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
97)||12) No implementation for
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory was bound.| while
locating org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactory| for
parameter 0 at com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
com.google.inject.spring.SpringIntegration
$InjectableSpringProvider.initialize(SpringIntegration.java:131)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
93)||13) An exception was caught and reported. Message: Configuration
problem: Failed to import bean definitions from URL location
[classpath:/org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-
model.xml]|Offending resource: URL [file:/Users/coder/eu/web/target/
ROOT/eureka/WEB-INF/classes/conf/applicationContext-container.xml];
nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[org/eurekastreams/server/conf/applicationContext-model.xml]; nested
exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.springframework.aop.config.AopNamespaceUtils.registerAutoProxyCreatorIfNecessary(Lorg/
springframework/beans/factory/xml/ParserContext;Lorg/w3c/dom/
Element;)V| at com.google.inject.InjectorShell
$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:135)||14) No implementation for
org.eurekastreams.commons.server.service.ActionController was bound.|
while locating
org.eurekastreams.commons.server.service.ActionController| for
field at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.gadgets.oauth.OAuthStoreImpl.actionController(OAuthStoreImpl.java:
108)| at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.opensocial.config.OAuthModule.configure(OAuthModule.java:
71)||14 errors
at
com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:
354)
at
com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.initializeStatically(InjectorBuilder.java:
152)
at com.google.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:105)
[...]

chrismarx

May 16, 2011, 1:50:45 PM5/16/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2012, 2:20:58 PM9/25/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chrismarx -

I tried this but I'm still getting this error.

[INFO]       [ERROR]  Internal compiler error
[INFO] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[INFO] at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Arrays.java:2694)
[INFO] at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:203)
[INFO] at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1877)

Any advice?

Thanks,
Kevin

Rob Keane

Sep 25, 2012, 2:27:14 PM9/25/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
If you're using Linux you can do this:

export MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1024m

The java compiler is running out of memory, that should be enough. If
you still get it try:

export MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx2048m

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2012, 2:38:20 PM9/25/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rob -

My mvn build actually fails for the same 'out of memory' problem. Note that I'm using a virtual machine that has 5 GB RAM.

I actually posted a Stack Overflow thread on my problem - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12498738/maven-out-of-memory-build-failure.

So far I've had no success getting past this 'out of memory' problem.

Thanks, $6.

Rob Keane

Sep 25, 2012, 2:49:20 PM9/25/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Do you know which version of maven in on your VM?

mvn --version

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2012, 3:21:14 PM9/25/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
vagrant@dev:/vagrant/eurekastreams$ mvn --version
Apache Maven 3.0.4 (r1232337; 2012-01-17 08:44:56+0000)
Maven home: /home/vagrant/bin/apache-maven-3.0.4
Java home: /home/vagrant/bin/jdk1.7.0_07/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.2.0-23-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Stein, Dr. Sebastian

Sep 26, 2012, 1:58:09 AM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
We saw that happening with the GWT compiler, too. Therefore, we have in our web/pom.xml something like that:

<plugin>
<!-- TODO: only for rapid build. for production we will use another profile -->
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<extraJvmArgs>-Xss512K -Xmx1024M -Dcatalina.base=./target -Dcatalina.home=./target -Dcatalina.base=./target</extraJvmArgs>
<module>${build.gwt.modulename}</module>
<logLevel>INFO</logLevel>
<webXmlServletPathAsIs>true</webXmlServletPathAsIs>
<runTarget>index.jsp</runTarget>
<noServer>false</noServer>
<hostedWebapp>${finalName}</hostedWebapp>
<compileReport>true</compileReport>
<draftCompile>true</draftCompile>
<webappDirectory>${project.build.directory}/client</webappDirectory>
<mode>htmlunit</mode>
<localWorkers>1</localWorkers>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>compile</id>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
<execution>
<id>test</id>
<phase>integration-test</phase>
<goals>
<goal>test</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

For your reference, that's how our maven compile section in parent pom looks like:

<plugin>
<version>2.3.2</version>
<configuration>
<source>1.6</source>
<target>1.6</target>
<memmax>1024m</memmax>
</configuration>
</plugin>

And we also saw a few occasions of test cases failing due to out of memory, so we got:

<plugin>
<version>2.12</version>
<configuration>
<argLine>-Xms512m -Xmx1g -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dcatalina.base=./target -Dcatalina.home=./target</argLine>
</configuration>
</plugin>

Regards,
Sebastian

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012, 10:20:19 AM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian -

I updated my web/pom.xml and parent pom.xml, yet I still got the same "out of memory" error.

A Stack Overflow post recommended that I add a maven option, "-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError," to my $MAVEN_OPTS. However, I did not find any modified files when I did
           >ls -Rl | grep "Sep" | grep " 26 "

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012, 12:04:52 PM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com, kevin.m....@gmail.com
Also, I got more info by running jconsole on both the maven java process and spawned java process (by maven) for building the web module.

Prior to the build dying, my 2 java processes were using 500 and 300 MB, respectively. The former corresponded to the web module build process, and the latter represented the maven java process.

I'm still confused, since, I would not expect an out of memory error after using Sebastian's generous memory settings.

Rob Keane

Sep 26, 2012, 12:15:58 PM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the flags are being override somehow?

if you execute:

ps -ef | grep java

while the build is running, what do you see?
Message has been deleted

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012, 12:28:04 PM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
parent pom.xml
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.
plugins</groupId>
<version>2.9</version>
                <configuration>
                <argLine>-Xms512m -Xmx1500m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m</argLine>
                </configuration>
        </plugin>

web/pom.xml
                        <configuration>

                            <module>${build.gwt.modulename}</module>
                            <logLevel>INFO</logLevel>
                            <extraJvmArgs>-Xss512K -Xmx1200M</extraJvmArgs>
                            <gwtVersion>${gwtVersion}</gwtVersion>
                            <mergedWebXml>${project.build.directory}/web.xml</mergedWebXml>
                            <webXmlServletPathAsIs>true</webXmlServletPathAsIs>
                            <runTarget>index.html</runTarget>
                            <noServer>true</noServer>
                            <compileReport>true</compileReport>
                            <port>8080</port>
                            <hostedWebapp>ROOT</hostedWebapp>
                       </configuration>
           <plugin>

My $MAVEN_OPTS only has proxy settings in it.

vagrant@dev:/vagrant/eurekastreams$ echo $JAVA_OPTS
-Xmx1024M -Dlog.home=/home/vagrant/Workspace/eurekastreams/

kevin.m....@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012, 12:33:23 PM9/26/12
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com, kevin.m....@gmail.com
Rob -

I was running 'top' in a separate terminal when the maven build occurred. Maven has its own java process, and it also spawns a new java process when compiling the web module of Eureka Streams.

The maven java process uses between 5% to 15% of available memory, and the web module java process uses between 8-18% of memory. My VM has 4 GB of RAM, and I just posted my settings above.

Maven java process: 15% of 4 GB = .4 GB + .2 GB = 600 MB
Web Module java process: 18% of 4 GB = .4 GB + .32 GB = 732 MB

These numbers seem acceptable to me given my settings.