database setup

Mark

Feb 7, 2011, 5:59:17 PM2/7/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I'm following the build and run guide at http://www.eurekastreams.org/build-and-run/
and am on step 5. That step indicates to go to the web/target/classes/
db/scripts folder and run devresetdb.sh. The problem is that there is
no web/target/classes/db/scripts folder and no devresetdb.sh script
anywhere. Any hints?

Bill W

Feb 7, 2011, 9:20:00 PM2/7/11
to Eureka Streams Development
The name of the script is supposed to be dev_reset_db.sh (it looks
like the underscored were turned into italics). Did you run the Maven
build in step 3 and did it complete successfully? My work area has
that folder, but it is created by Maven so if the Maven command did
not complete successfully you wouldn't have it.

Blake Caldwell

Feb 7, 2011, 10:49:17 PM2/7/11
to Eureka Streams Development
I've been having problems with this script recently. It checks what
directory you're in, and does a regex in bash to make sure you're in
the "scripts" directory. That bash regex didn't work for me on Ubuntu
recently, but it did before. I don't know if it's changed.

Mark

Feb 9, 2011, 10:37:59 AM2/9/11
to Eureka Streams Development
My maven build (step 3) had two issues which I solved by manually
downloading and building. Do I need to run that "clean install"
again? (I've never used maven b4).

Running a find for the correct script name, I see it at ./database/src/
main/resources/scripts/dev_reset_db.sh. I assume that's where it
lives until the mvn install copies it somewhere?

Steve T

Feb 10, 2011, 7:05:08 AM2/10/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Mark, you are correct, that is the location of the script until the
build is complete.

I would recommend running clean install again just to be sure all of
the correct artifacts have been put in place. Once the build is
successful, you should be able to go to the location that Bill
described to run the script. projectfolder/web/target/classes/db/
scripts

If the build failed it is very possible that this script wasn't copied
to the correct location.

Mark

Feb 11, 2011, 4:05:30 PM2/11/11
to Eureka Streams Development
OK, I got the build to complete thanks to suggestions from Thorsten
Scherler in another thread.
Now the ./dev_reset_db.sh fails. The bash regex operator, =~ returns
0 for a match so the two regex matches at the beginning of main() are
doing the opposite of what they should be with the !'s.

Blake Caldwell

Feb 11, 2011, 4:21:53 PM2/11/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Mark - I'm sorry for saying this, but I'm glad you're having this
problem, because I was too. I figured my Ubuntu VM got screwed up. I
tried that operator on my work computer and it evaluated fine, but at
home on my VM, it died.

I'll bring this up on Monday at our next team meeting and see if we
can get the bandwidth to rewrite those sections of the scripts. If
you comment out those lines, and make sure you're in the correct
directory, you'll run into other problems, as I did.

If you're a bash wizard, any suggestions you have would be greatly
appreciated!

- Blake

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 14, 2011, 3:55:03 AM2/14/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a fair amount of bash scripts and if you can point me to the
right lines I may can come up with a fix. I am in the same step ATM but
other tasks got priority for now. However I will try to fix it ASAP.

@Mark, glad that worked for you.

BTW is there an issue tracker?

salu2

codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 16, 2011, 7:58:28 AM2/16/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi I just fixed the scripts.

Please see
https://github.com/scherler/eurekastreams/commit/e67af87782bfef203a48992eb3d9e900554b1e8a this is my workaround to build eureka.

You need to have and user and database already created so that the
scripts work since there is still a problem with

elif [[ $mycommand =~ 'does not exist$' ]]

but I just saw that.

HTH

salu2

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 13:21 -0800, Blake Caldwell wrote:

Blake Caldwell

Feb 16, 2011, 9:48:08 AM2/16/11
to Eureka Streams Development
Thanks Thorsten - I'll take a look, much appreciated

On Feb 16, 7:58 am, Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I just fixed the scripts.
>
> Please seehttps://github.com/scherler/eurekastreams/commit/e67af87782bfef203a48...this is my workaround to build eureka.

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 17, 2011, 5:25:23 AM2/17/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
One thing is still not working for me and I hope somebody can point me
into the right direction.

I needed to allow dbpassword in the build, since the default was set to
NULL. See
https://github.com/scherler/eurekastreams/commit/65ee5ed5bf0f62e3c42a5dcfdf8af290118e0428 for more information.

Now eureka connects to the DB.

Then I needed to install memcached: sudo apt-get install memcached

BTW I saw ldap props, do I need to have an LDAP server running?

Now its starts up BUT in the cli output and
browsing to http://localhost:8080/ I get the following. Please give me
a pointer how to fix that.

HTTP ERROR 500 - REMOTE_USER attribute not found in request.

Caused by:

org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.PreAuthenticatedCredentialsNotFoundException: REMOTE_USER attribute not found in request.
at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.security.preauth.RequestAttributePreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.getPreAuthenticatedPrincipal(RequestAttributePreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:61)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.doAuthenticate(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:78)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.preauth.AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter.java:67)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
at
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy
$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
at
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
org.eurekastreams.server.service.filters.RootOrgCheckFilter.doFilter(RootOrgCheckFilter.java:71)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler
$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:440)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection
$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:926)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Brian H Mayo

Feb 19, 2011, 5:45:14 PM2/19/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
If you are running your Eureka Streams site in "preauth" mode you will see that. "Preauth" mode assumes that you have an outside service performing the authentication and populating the REMOTE_USER variable being passed from Apache HTTPd to Tomcat with the user Id.

Regards,
-Brian H. Mayo

Mark Keisler

Feb 22, 2011, 4:36:08 PM2/22/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
We're not running in any mode - we're not running :).  The installation docs need a lot of help.
--
Mark

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 23, 2011, 6:24:22 AM2/23/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I am still not able to run the app! I have to admit that the first
impression is keeping me on track trying to install the app, since it
looks really promising, but the setup is a pure nightmare.

1) the dependencies are not resolvable
2) the db scripts for linux are not working
3) the app expects en empty db password for the eurekastreams
4) the build-and-run docs simply does not help.

After the tip of profiles (BTW would be nice to point out which of the
20 profiles I should choose) I tried the "openaccess-security" profile:

eurekastreams/web$ mvn clean install -DskipTests -Dopenaccess-security
-Deureka.db.password=Secret

eurekastreams/web$ mvn jetty:run -Dopenaccess-security -DskipTests=true
-Dlog.home=$HOME/logs -Denv.WEBPORT=8080 -Denv.GRWEBPORT=8081

and now I see what Marlus Misael posted. Well actually it depends on the
browser! On chrome I see nothing only the gray background on ff I
finally see a login screen.

...and now?

I had a look in the db but the only thing I found close to a user is in
the person table. I tried with "sysadmin" and "password" but that does
not help.

PLEASE on a vanilla install what is the default user/password.

The other thing is that my db is close to be empty and the db scripts
seems to "only" alter the tables but hardly add any data.

salu2

chrismarx

Feb 23, 2011, 3:05:48 PM2/23/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
I went through some pains getting es to run too, not sure if this will help, but here are my notes for a windows installation-

Thorsten Scherler

Feb 24, 2011, 4:05:49 AM2/24/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com

Which version did you use?

I had a look at the guide and it is more or less what I did with my git
fork to make it run. However you say; then open the browser and eureka,
but what user/pass did you used?

salu2

chrismarx

Feb 24, 2011, 12:10:24 PM2/24/11
to eureka-st...@googlegroups.com
the default is sysadmin and no password (blank), i also added additional users with the createperson function thats created in the db, this post mentions it

its a good place to start looking at how users are created. there is no password field, open access config just has it set up to look for the username in the db-