[ANNOUNCE] Etsy API Planned Downtime this Friday, Oct 14

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Oct 12, 2011, 1:23:10 PM10/12/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

We need to bring the API down for some maintenance this Friday, Oct 14, from 2pm-4pm EDT (18:00-20:00 UTC). During the maintenance window, all API call will return "HTTP 503 Service Unavailable". At the end of the two-hour window, service will return as normal.

We apologize in advance for the outage, and we hope to keep these interruptions as brief and as seldom as possible.

thanks for your understanding,

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com

Bits

Oct 12, 2011, 1:25:14 PM10/12/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Isnt this a peak-usage time?

nic

Oct 14, 2011, 9:50:06 AM10/14/11
to Etsy API V2
To look on the bright side, at least this gives all of us the chance
to fully test our apps for the 503 case ;)

Just a question on this maintenance, as this is being done on a Friday
afternoon, is there going to be members of the API team available for
updates over the weekend should something not go to plan (fingers
crossed it doesn't, but you never know)?

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Oct 14, 2011, 10:17:24 AM10/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nic,

Yes, I'll be monitoring the list over the weekend :)

best,

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Oct 14, 2011, 2:09:21 PM10/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
This maintenance window has begun.  I'll post again when it's concluded.

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Oct 14, 2011, 4:31:47 PM10/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
All API functionality is back online.  Thanks for your patience.

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com

Chris Copeland

Oct 14, 2011, 4:38:09 PM10/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Was there any impact to the publication to PuSH feeds during this maintenance?

-Chris

Justin Kerr Sheckler

Oct 14, 2011, 4:45:40 PM10/14/11
to etsy-...@googlegroups.com
Good point, Chris!  PuSH feeds were NOT affected by this outage.  (The real-time polling API at /v2/feeds, however, was offline.)

Justin Kerr Sheckler
Developer API Lead
Etsy.com
jus...@etsy.com