Get FREE Webmaker Training, learn how to teach the web

Laura Hilliger

May 7, 2014, 5:56:15 AM5/7/14
Hi!

Starting this Monday, May 12th, Mozilla will begin offering free, online training and professional development as part of our commitment to help educators and others teach web literacy skills.

Webmaker Training is a series of four, week-long courses, peer powered by P2PU. You can mix and match–take one course or take them all, and go at your own pace. Participants will:
  • get hands-on training with Mozilla Webmaker tools including X-Ray Goggles, Thimble and Popcorn Maker
  • connect with and learn alongside other technologists, mentors and educators around the world
  • learn to create open educational resources, curriculum and teaching activities
  • learn more about the open, participatory teaching philosophy behind Webmaker
  • get training for Maker Party, our global web literacy campaign kicking off July 15
Click here to sign up: http://mzl.la/training

Everyone is welcome and no experience is required. This is a free, open and fun opportunity for teachers, informal educators, developers, designers and Mozilla community members to make and learn together, in an effort to create a more web literate world.

How does it work?
  • 1. Pick a courseReview the descriptions and sign up for one or more. Each explores a new topic, with opportunities to create content and open educational resources.
  • 2. Get started. Read the course materials, then click "Make" for hands-on and web-based activities that help you gain new technical and creative skills.
  • 3. Connect with others. Log into Discourse–our online forum where you can connect with the Mozilla Webmaker team and other participants to co-design and find support.
  • 4. Share. Share what you make with the community using the #teachtheweb tag and offer feedback to others. This is true peer-to-peer learning.
  • 5. Join each week. Go at your own pace, but you can also join us in real time for weekly video hangouts (Mondays) and the #teachtheweb community call (Thursdays).
 Remember, the first course starts on May 12th, and you can sign up and find more details at: http://mzl.la/training

If you have any questions, try reaching out to @webmaker on Twitter, or use the #teachtheweb hashtag. We look forward to your participation!

Best,
Laura